Update thread; bought the bike, now what!? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Update thread; bought the bike, now what!?

CT generally have a "bike mechanic" who does the safeties - you need a specific appointment when they are in.
Not all their mechanics can certify.

Safety Certificate has nothing to do with getting a bike repaired ...seperate topic entirely.

I have a guy close by that does quick no wait safeties.
My mechanic has big time waiting list for repairs/appointments.

You don't need a motorcycle repair mechanic to get a safety.

IF (and its a big if) the bike will pass.
If it doesn't, then what - drag it somewhere else to be repaired ?
Sounds like double the work to me, why not get it all done right the first time....

To clarify, the part that was incorrect, was the assertion that a safety is required prior to insurance.

Ok. You can insurance an unfit bike. Have an accident with it unplated and see how much they are insuring it for

Ok. You can insurance an unfit bike. Have an accident with it unplated and see how much they are insuring it for

That's not what he's saying. A bike that's sold to you "fit" is still fit and can be properly insured even before it's safetied.

It would be insured but not usable on the road. For example if you had full coverage and it was stolen it's covered, but not if you take an unplated bike on a ride.

You need a new plate.

In the meantime you can do all kinds of illegal stuff and until the plate and ownership are transferred over the previous owner would likely be at least somewhat liable. That's why you're supposed to keep your plate. They would have also refunded her sticker if she returned the plate.

Back
Top Bottom