Home Boiler Service Recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home Boiler Service Recommendation

backmarkerducati

Site Supporter
Anyone have a company recommendation for servicing (possibly replacing) a home gas boiler (actually technically hot water heat)? Home heating repair can be a real crap shoot...

Replacing my boiler this Tuesday as the old one was installed in 1996 and it's starting to cause our issues. My neighbour was getting his replaced, so we spoke with the tech and really liked speaking with him as he seemed straight up.

Dealt with a bunch of drunks, no-shows, up-salesmen, and useless techs and found this guy to be the most reliable in responses, patient with questions, and straight up overall. Came to my house today to take a look at my furnace and said the issue I thought I had is a non-issue and didn't recommend to fix anything. I was happy with that response and his overall demeanour.

http://www.wefixhvac.ca

We're installing a 200,000BTU high efficiency furnace at our place. Let me know if you have questions.

Follow-up for anyone who searches and finds this. Went with "The Boiler Guys" they seemed nice on the phone and the service guys were nice but I have a gas leak in the boiler after they finished their service (noticed a few days later) so I booked a follow-up service appointment. On the day of the follow-up (today, took time off work) they were a no show and they claim to have left me a voice message cancelling the appointment (I have a gas leak in the boiler after they completed work and they cancel!). I have no such message on any of my phones, but I did have a hang-up from their number in my call log. They also told me I should have called Enbridge. Leak seems to be coming from the pilot line that they moved around during service (quick soap and water check). My simple expectation, if it was their fault they fix it, if it is some other component I am paying for a service call and the fix--appears I am completely unreasonable. SO MY ADVICE IS TO AVOID THESE GUYS!

Called the wefixhvac guy and he seemed really nice and knowledgeable on the phone. He will be here Friday morning I will post another follow-up.

In summary, avoid "The Boiler Guys".

Just a final follow-up... the wefixhvac guy was top notch, I highly recommend him.

The first guys (theboilerguys) left the pilot line loose (more accurate, not tight enough, I ended up finding and fixing this myself...) and also put the burners back together crooked (not a functional problem, just sloppy). The main gas leak was the line they did not properly tighten. There was also a small secondary leak from the gas valve inside the boiler (not their fault but they also did not notice it during service). They also did not notice that the circulator pump was seized and that the water input valve was stuck open. Basically they missed all the problems (stuff that they should have caught and stuff they would have made extra money servicing/fixing), created some new ones and charged me a couple hundred to vacuum out the boiler...

All is fixed now (new pump, new gas valve, everything properly put back together), we have heat now in rooms that were always cold before (some end of line rads were not getting hot due to the seized pump). The system works better now than it ever has for us. I am interested to see how our gas bill changes...

Thanks to mimico_polak for the recommendation. The wefixhvac guy really knew his stuff and spotted all the problems right off!

Awesome! Good to hear you're happy with WEFIXHVAC. I'm very happy with the work they performed at my place as well.

Back
Top Bottom