Used Honday CB360T; $4500, too highly priced? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used Honday CB360T; $4500, too highly priced?

they can be pretty reliable, I owned one for a while. They made a million so lots of parts and new old stock.

you'll never get a recall notice so you have that going for you....

I went over to Kijiji and ran a search for CB350. It showed four CB350s in this area at a lower price than that one.

If you want a collector's item, instead of buying the first one you see, it might be smarter to learn more about the bike, and about what the bike collectors are looking for. Take your time, and wait for the right bike at the right price.

Owned one of these years ago. I wouldn't ride it if it was given to me. Handled like crap, stopped like crap and the points were a pita. The pin on the end of the camshaft that drives the point lobe broke off, leaving me stranded in a Deliverance part of Ontario. Get a CBR125 or 250.

Hi
Looking at getting a used bike for my first, really interested in this ride but the price seems high, even though it is in great shape...opinions from more experienced riders?

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/mc...327580650.html

Also up for review is this CB350, in not nearly as nice shape, but less expensive at $2800:

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/d/1973-honda-cb350-with-safety/6328751370.html

Cheers!

yes that is expensive.

That 350 seems like a good deal. It sounds like it was being used, i.e. the consumables are not all due for immediate replacement.

That ad is not going to last long at all.

that cb350 has been for sale for a long time, since at least last year.

Last edited:
This is a classic bike, probably not the best choice for a first bike. Think about it this way, would you buy a 1975 Honda Civic as your first car? While it's an interesting bit of history, it's also 40+ years old and despite the condition, will be a little more difficult to maintain than a newer bike. Also consider that most new rider have some sort of 'ooops' in their first couple of years, having modern brakes, steering and handling might mitigate some risk.

If you like small standard bikes, perhaps A Suzuki TU250 or VanVan would be a better choice -- full warranty, cheap to own and operate, modern and you can by the new for less than $4500, used with 10Km for about $2500. There are others in this size that are also great beginner bikes, my favorites are the Rebel 250, Ninja 300, and I'm hoping the new BMW GS310 will be a neat little urban surpiise.

Remember, classic bikes will always be out there. You might find that when you get a little experience, you might consider some of the more iconic UJMs (Honda CB400F/550F & 750F, Yamaha XS 650 & RD come to mind) for your classic ride.

Personally I love classics and have 3 in my stable. They are all intersting, but if you intend to ride them daily be prepared to provide more love and money than any modern motorcycle.

i have the tu250x. love it. accelerates like a potato rolling uphill but still super fun :)

21909674_1904672422881190_1231648530020433920_n.jpg

i have the tu250x. love it. accelerates like a potato rolling uphill but still super fun :)

Suzuki can't keep the Tu250x on the floor they sell so fast. Meanwhile the liquid cooled gizmo-laden GW250 sit's there gathering dust even with liquidation pricing. The classic look is the way to go, it's in style.

the TU250X looks great, we had a couple at the safety course. However, the all metal rear brake pedal I wasnt fond of, when wet, it was very slippery.

Googled GW250, looks like **** :mad:

IIRC, the GW250 was aimed at the Chinese/Indian/SE Asia market and pulls double duty as a first-world beginner bike since Suzuki canned the GS500. It probably competes fine in its intended market. That being said, they should have updated to a modern P-Twin replacement like the Ninja 650. Instead, we got the Gladius.

Back
Top Bottom