SMP Sep 30th | GTAMotorcycle.com

SMP Sep 30th

ajtallin

Site Supporter
I got talked into doing one last track day for the year (I might still get talked into another :p) and I'm glad I was. Cool in the morning but warmed up nicely and the day was a ton of fun. Here's some footage from my last session of the day. My front facing 360 cam ran out of memory so all I got was the rear facing GoPro video. There was a lot of traffic but finally got a clean lap in lap 7 and then what do you know...checkered flag *LOL* I managed to get some decent footage of some people and I found out after the lap that another GTAM member, @Ethereal on his sweet looking GSX S750, was in the footage for a bunch of it :D Anyways, in anyone else was there, I hope I got some footage of you too!

AJ

[video=youtube_share;xGRDLGrXaGU]https://youtu.be/xGRDLGrXaGU[/video]

I was there too and was drooling over your bike in the morning. I did go out behind you in the second or third session and had fun chasing you! I was on the #430 gxr600 so if you got any footage let me know. :)

Last edited:
I was there too and was drooling over your in the morning. I did go out behind you in the second or third session and had fun chasing you! I was on the #430 gxr600 so if you got any footage let me know. :)
Thx for the bike compliments If u were behind me in the morning at any time (which I know we were all tip toeing around cause of the cold, slick track ), then I should have some footage of u cause I swear I turned my GoPro on every time I went out ☺ Let me go through the vids. If I have something, I'll post here for sure

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Edit...

Actually, I was showing a couple guys who had never been to Shanny before some lines first couple sessions. Maybe you with us for a couple of those sighting laps? Anyways, like I said, I'll def check what I got :thumbup:

Last edited:
Sweet footage.
What are you using to get the telemetry and mapping overlay?

Thx for the bike compliments If u were behind me in the morning at any time (which I know we were all tip toeing around cause of the cold, slick track ), then I should have some footage of u cause I swear I turned my GoPro on every time I went out ☺ Let me go through the vids. If I have something, I'll post here for sure

AJ

Edit...

Actually, I was showing a couple guys who had never been to Shanny before some lines first couple sessions. Maybe you with us for a couple of those sighting laps? Anyways, like I said, I'll def check what I got :thumbup:

No wasn't me. I was in intermediate and was waiting until after everyone left for clear track(wasn't working out to well though). Seemed like that's what you were doing that session too. :)

Thanks for looking!

Sweet footage.
What are you using to get the telemetry and mapping overlay?
Thx I use an AiM SoLo DL GPS Laptimer to record and log all the data (it plugs directly into the bikes ECU and logs all that data also). Then I use a program called RaceRender to put everything together (i.e. sync the video with the data and then overlay the data).

AJ

Any footage of a black and orange and red tank cbr600rr. I'm the big guy on a 600 lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I will create a playlist on YouTube of all the rear view (and maybe a couple front facing 360 vids) of this day so that ppl can watch and see if they were captured at all

AJ

I got talked into doing one last track day for the year (I might still get talked into another :p) and I'm glad I was. Cool in the morning but warmed up nicely and the day was a ton of fun. Here's some footage from my last session of the day. My front facing 360 cam ran out of memory so all I got was the rear facing GoPro video. There was a lot of traffic but finally got a clean lap in lap 7 and then what do you know...checkered flag *LOL* I managed to get some decent footage of some people and I found out after the lap that another GTAM member, @Ethereal on his sweet looking GSX S750, was in the footage for a bunch of it :D Anyways, in anyone else was there, I hope I got some footage of you too!

AJ

[video=youtube_share;xGRDLGrXaGU]https://youtu.be/xGRDLGrXaGU[/video]

Thanks AJ you got a lot of me. Did not have the HP to keep you away on the straits and there was a lot of lap traffic. Fun times and I love the sound of your bike.:headbang: My video of that session cut off just before we met met out there. Used up a 32gb card. First time my camera worked every run, then I fail to make sure I had enough memory left. Next time I will make sure I get some good footage that sweet R1.

Very cool video. I'm gonna say that lean angle indicator is out of calibration though. I don't think I saw it go over 25 degrees, but watching the horizon tells a whole different story�� Nice riding.

What a great day. Morning was frigid. So many incidents throughout the day, seemed like every session there was someone going off track. Very bizarre. A couple riders collided on the back straight --they red flagged the session while both attempted to get back on.. saw 2 guys dump their bikes in the pit area --very odd; didn't see the rider who lost control on the front straight -fluid everywhere!
The last session crash I understand was the worst of the day. Heard rider lost his brakes on the back straight and went into the fence. wow! he must have been going fast. ambulance took him straight to hospital. saw his bike shortly thereafter --looked completely destroyed! what a crazy day of carnage!

What a great day. Morning was frigid. So many incidents throughout the day, seemed like every session there was someone going off track. Very bizarre. A couple riders collided on the back straight --they red flagged the session while both attempted to get back on.. saw 2 guys dump their bikes in the pit area --very odd; didn't see the rider who lost control on the front straight -fluid everywhere!
The last session crash I understand was the worst of the day. Heard rider lost his brakes on the back straight and went into the fence. wow! he must have been going fast. ambulance took him straight to hospital. saw his bike shortly thereafter --looked completely destroyed! what a crazy day of carnage!

The last rider looked like he ended up on the other side of the fence. Really hope he is ok. Did not look good at all

It was only my second track day on a bike, first being with the FAST school, and I couldn't believe how many riders went down. I honestly lost count after the first 10, so I am guessing 15-20 separate incidents. :-? I actually asked my neighbours if it was normal and they all said they were surprised too. One of those neighbours happened to be the guy whose bike cartwheeled down the front straight. The last one was gnarly from what I heard, but I was told he was ok..

weekends at SMP tend to bring out a special kind of rider, attended once earlier in the season and it was a **** show, stick to weekdays or Fridays before a race weekend

Bike sounds great AJ, good to see back out on track. I can see time away has not been kind to your lap times.. :)
Would love to do a session on the R1!

Bike sounds great AJ, good to see back out on track. I can see time away has not been kind to your lap times.. :)
Would love to do a session on the R1!
Lolol ur telling me Most of that though is wanting to keep the bike looking sexy Gonna get a track weapon that I can thrash around with no regard for next year so at least I can put down respectable times

AJ

This was before lunch. At 5:30 we all get help up. The guy in white should never have been in yellow group. 15 seconds later he goes down. They then he pushed his bike off the track and got it stuck in the mud.

[video=youtube_share;6PU92rXvlzU]https://youtu.be/6PU92rXvlzU[/video]

I was the guy the binned it in pit. lol , no idea what i did to lose it but bike was fine and did decent the rest of the day.

weekends at SMP tend to bring out a special kind of rider, attended once earlier in the season and it was a **** show, stick to weekdays or Fridays before a race weekend

TMP is worse. One of the reasons I don't go there anymore. Too many street heroes.

The reason why there were so many crashes has less to do with Track day heros, and more to do with the Cold temps. You all would have been losing heat from your tires out there, rather than gaining. So the track surface was a little glass like.

Combine that with people that like to push hard and WIN the track day....you end up with a few red flags.

Back
Top Bottom