U.S track day | GTAMotorcycle.com

U.S track day

JTRUDEL90

i know there are a few guys on GTA that head down to the states throughout the winter to hit up some southern tracks can anyone advise a track to try that could be done, also if it was booked through a sanctioned body like N2 , or another organization. thanks

Sub'd for info on this too

I do Jennings every winter (Late Feb/Early March)

Works just like a track day here, book online, pay, show up, go ride!!!

Great track and is lots of fun.... it is an expensive weekend when you add up all the costs but to get a break in the winter its well worth it to me.

I strongly recommend insurance that will cover you with your on track activities, I've seen a couple Canadians make hospital trips and both times were a breeze thanks to their insurance.

I strongly recommend insurance that will cover you with your on track activities, I've seen a couple Canadians make hospital trips and both times were a breeze thanks to their insurance.

Any more info on that in regards to where you get it and what it covers?

Actually I've never had to get it, I have really good travel insurance through work. I just make sure when I'm going away somewhere to do risky things I call them and make sure I'll be covered if things don't go well!

There are definitely people here on GTAM that will know more about it than me

I do Jennings every winter (Late Feb/Early March)

Works just like a track day here, book online, pay, show up, go ride!!!

Great track and is lots of fun.... it is an expensive weekend when you add up all the costs but to get a break in the winter its well worth it to me.

Thanks for the advice on the insurance ... you can never be too safe when it comes to that in the states. Do you typically do a few track days while your there .. ? What do do make it a long weekend or a week trip...?

Here are the tracks that can be booked through N2 has anyone out there been to any of these...? A few are a little closer then jennings
Alabama
Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham
Talladega Gran Prix, Talladega
Georgia
Road Atlanta, Braselton
Roebling Road Raceway, Bloomingdale
New Jersey
NJMP - Lightning, Millville
NJMP - Thunderbolt, Millville
North Carolina
NC Bike, Garysburg
South Carolina
CMP, Kershaw
Pennsylvania
PittRace, Wampum
Pocono Raceway, Long Pond
Virginia
Dominion Raceway, Woodford
Virginia International Raceway, Alton
West Virginia
Summit Main, Summit Point
Jefferson Circuit, Summit Point
Shenandoah, Summit Point

How much time do you have for the trip?

A lot of those will have dicey weather in the winter months. Although warmer than here and above freezing, I doubt you'd want to go to Summit Point (track looks awesome!!!) in 10 degrees. I'd scratch the West Virginia, Virgina, PA and NJ tracks off that list. North Carolina (NC Bike, Garysburg) would be the furthest north I';d consider. Looks like a fun layout too. Big sweeping turns and a GIANT carousel.

How much time do you have for the trip?

A lot of those will have dicey weather in the winter months. Although warmer than here and above freezing, I doubt you'd want to go to Summit Point (track looks awesome!!!) in 10 degrees. I'd scratch the West Virginia, Virgina, PA and NJ tracks off that list. North Carolina (NC Bike, Garysburg) would be the furthest north I';d consider. Looks like a fun layout too. Big sweeping turns and a GIANT carousel.

I can have as much time as I want, within reason. My employer is really good with holidays. Just seams like a long way to go for one track day. I would think you would want to make it worth your while .
i know the northern states get cold in the winter as well i was just wondering if any one in general has been to these tracks when there is only a hand full of tracks in Ontario i figured some might venture out and about.

Last edited:
When we do Jennings we do three days, we don't push for the straight through drive but its an option.... for us round trip is planned for 7 days with three on the bike, usually on the way home we leave the track and start the drive back maybe to north Georgia, you can comfortably make the rest of the drive in one day for a 6 day round trip.

I'm looking to do JenningsGP for Dec 9/10/11 and maybe Jan also

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I'll be at Barber November 25/26th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's wicked! Is that their last of the year or are there motorcycle track days at Barber all winter?

AJ

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom