Track days in October? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track days in October?

For someone that does not care you put more effort into looking for holes in my posts then it's really worth. He's on q3s and running green. Maybe he should not be messing with warmers and be more focused on psi pre/after sessions. Wow. So much wasted time here.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

There is really no need to "look" for holes, they are right there to the point that can not be ignored because the OP is a newer rider on track (on motorcycles) and **** advice is dangerous.

I might not care for this conversation and dudes like you but I do care for someone to get hurt putting in practice advice that others have given.

It hurts to crash, i know it very well and some of those crashes can be life altering so my only point to you was... think before you give advice and don't be so damn cavalier about it because there are real consequences.

If you can't understand that then well.... that is that.

I hate that the thread has taken a little bit of a negative turn but I appreciate all the advice. I've read so much in the past few days and it seems to line up with what zx600 is saying, including some post by bickle himself. On the other hand, I do appreciate all input from everyone and am always willing to listen, even if I don't implement it.

As already mentioned, I am very new to tracking on two wheels and it's days like tomorrow that will really test a new riders ability to adapt to conditions not experienced before. Based on what I have seen and been told,I seem to have a higher pace than the average new rider (1:02 on Nelson at the Fast school). I don't kid myself though, I got a long way to go and that day was a lot different than what I will experience tomorrow. As an instructor in the car world, I know how ego can get in the way of learning so no worries here! I know my place :)

Only info I was giving was on direct use of the same tires and how they have been warming for me without warmers in the conditions on the track I had used them. Back when I asked about warmers I was told by you guys to never use them on street tires as it will make them greasy and is not needed. I confirmed this many times over by reading and asking at the track. Take what I said how you like. I was never telling anyone to do anything more then give there tires a chance to warm up and not be aggressive on gas or brakes in the corner and do it on the strait.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Update: Today was a huge success and was a big learning experience! Unfortunately for many others, they weren't as lucky. I honestly saw about 20 bikes go down today which was a massive eye opener and a surprise to a lot of people there. The turn out was huge though, roughly 60 bikes which was good for SMP!

For the first session, track temp was 54F, 9C ambient and tires came out of the warmers at 110f/135r(F). After 7 laps, the dropped to 101f/110r. Surprisingly, not as bad as I would have thought but obviously not where they needed to be. As the day went on, the track climbed up to 85C and I was then able to maintain heat in the tires throughout the whole session. Since the ambient never got above 14C I continued to use the warmers for the rest of the day, I was able to push hard right out of the gate each time and never had issues with grip. Best lap was 2:08 but only managed about 3 clean laps the whole day(30 bikes in inter). Theoretical shows a 2:04 so not bad for my first time on long track with a bike!

Holefully the above info info helps someone else!

October hasn't been too bad so far! I attended a TMP lapping day this past Saturday and although it was wet to start, it dried up in time to allow for a few sessions. Good turn out for this particular event with nearly 30 bikes, some of which were damn fast! This was only my second lapping day and I feel I am making some big strides thanks to some tips from faster guys in the paddock. Can't wait to get back out there next year!!

So, don't put your bikes away quite yet! :D

[video=youtube;hLPwsgyHjdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLPwsgyHjdM[/video]

1:20 a lap with street tires is not a bad time at all.

Back
Top Bottom