Fall Colours | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fall Colours

While I realize it is not up north from the GTA, I was in the Catskills, Green Mountains and Adirondacks last weekend where everything was still pretty much green.

Lots of colours north of Sault Saint Marie and up here in Wawa. :) (Too bad there are torrential downpours right now or I'd post a picture.)

..Tom

I went up through the muskokas to the magnetawan area yesterday and although it was somewhat orange there was still a lot of green, I think it can still get a lot oranger.

I'm surprised Southwood Road / Muskoka Road 13 doesn't have it's own thread on here. I was there yesterday and saw a number of bikes. Colours are changing there; given the weird weather, it may be as good as it gets.

It's a nice twisty ride. There is one bend in particular that I always remember; blind corner, descending, decreasing radius, now with an added bonus of a huge pothole that you won't see unless you're going slow. There's also a few sections with wet leaves on the road and there were two SUV's running up the middle of the road. I heard there was construction and sand on the road earlier in the year, but I didn't see that.

For what's local, Halton area is probably as good as it's going to get this weekend. Probably due to the weird weather, some areas are green, others are reasonably colourful, some trees have already lost most of their leaves. Haldimand/Norfolk area seems mostly still green.

Was up in the Muskoka's yesterday.

Hunstville area is beautiful, definitely falling past peak, you can see trees starting to diminsh in vibrance and leaves starting to fall.

Port Carling/Bala/Bracebridge area is gorgeous, bright, nice mix of colors.

Closer to Orilia/Barrie you see it start to green out.

Was killing me to be in the car!!

Was up in the Muskoka's yesterday.

Muskoka. No S.

There are no multiples.

The locals get irked when they hear it described as "Muskokas". ;)

Thanks for the heads up. Had my stator delivered and hope to be back on the bike to go up north for a mid week run. I'm up in Georgian Bay area (Awenda Park) and it's mostly green with yellows starting to come in.

Hard to say what will be left on the trees after the very high winds forecasted this afternoon. That, and unfortunately the temps go for a total crap after today, at least in the foreseeable forecast.

Back
Top Bottom