Fall Colours | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fall Colours

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
How's it looking up there?
I checked out the Algonquin report and it seems this recent heat wave will have an effect on the colour changes this year.
http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/general_park_info/fall-colour-report.php

I'm busy the 1st weekend of Oct and not sure how it will be looking the 2nd weekend, so maybe this is the weekend to go for a ride up north.
Anyone been up there recently?

Last edited:
The colours are definitely changing. Anywhere north of Barrie already has plenty of leaves on the ground. Who knows what it'll be like in three weeks.
Was up there last weekend, going again this weekend.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I was out for a spin last week and one side of the road was all red & yellow, and the other was all green. It's been a funny year.

I'm thinking with the radial temperature drop off that is supposed to hit, things might start to change quickly over the next few days/week.

Damn leaf peepers. Makes riding this time a year annoying and occasionally dangerous as cagers slam on their breaks to look at all the pretty foliage.

A couple of friends and I went through Algonquin last Saturday. About 30% colour change at that point.

I camped in Algonquin Sunday-Tuesday. Took advantage of the beautiful weather, but the leaves were not as nice as we had hoped. Although they did change a bit even in the 2 days we were there.

according to the sites out there, we're in prime colour territory in algonquin so the usual spots are likely to be jammed - 60/algonquin, and 35/dorset overlook.

Thanks.
I'm going to try and get up there early tomorrow to beat the crowds.
Looking forward to some awesome views!

according to the sites out there, we're in prime colour territory in algonquin so the usual spots are likely to be jammed - 60/algonquin, and 35/dorset overlook.

I went through Algonquin loop yesterday. I can confirm the colours are NOT in prime territory yet, forrest area around Algonquin and Dorset is still mostly green. I spoke with a lady who owns a store closer to the park ... she said due to the freaky weather we had, the peak will likely be in a week or two.

This is around Dorset

msbgPdX.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of us rode up to Dorset last weekend. I agree, the cold weather followed by the hot weather started the change, but then abruptly stopped it. This weekend isn't likely going to be a whole lot better given how hot it was but I'm sure things will start rapidly changing again now that the cold weather has returned with a vengeance.

I have some drone photos of the canopy I was going to post but I can't do it while mobile. :/

Aforementioned drone photo from last weekend. Still 95% green.

fallcoloursdrone.jpg

I went through Algonquin loop yesterday. I can confirm the colours are NOT in prime territory yet, forrest area around Algonquin and Dorset is still mostly green. I spoke with a lady who owns a store closer to the park ... she said due to the freaky weather we had, the peak will likely be in a week or two.

This is around Dorset

msbgPdX.jpg

interestingly, the algonquin site itself is reporting 'past peak'

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/general_park_info/fall-colour-report.php

was up Algonquin area on sunday oct 1. pretty much everthing is still green. road 507, 35, Algonquin 60 etc. dress warm, it was chilly.

A bunch of us rode up to Dorset last weekend. I agree, the cold weather followed by the hot weather started the change, but then abruptly stopped it. This weekend isn't likely going to be a whole lot better given how hot it was but I'm sure things will start rapidly changing again now that the cold weather has returned with a vengeance.

I have some drone photos of the canopy I was going to post but I can't do it while mobile. :/

which route did you take...looking for a route up way from ajax.

which route did you take...looking for a route up way from ajax.

Hwy 35 for the most part...but then again, I'm about 20 minutes from the 35/115 so it makes sense for us. We wiggled our way up north through the northern Durham area to avoid the 115 and meet the 35 south of Lindsay, however.

Back
Top Bottom