Best place in the GTA for a road test | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place in the GTA for a road test

The last two times I tried to book, the website crapped out on me.

I had the same experience ... what a frustrating experience it was. Gave up for this fall. Will try in the spring now.

I am going to check Downsview as it’s 10 mom from me. I am doing it on my newer sv650s. It would have have been my choice of bike to use but I would prefer that web my insurance renews in early spring that I hopefully have my M for the drastic insurance reduction. I just had not had the time to arrange it. If I have time options is there a better time.

Anyone provide any insight as to what’s they want or skills etc.

Oh I have had my m2 since June 2015 and had a bike since aug 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Your full M is unlikely to give you a huge reduction on insurance, mine didn't change at all. The m2 exit test you pretty much just go for a ride with them following, they tell you where to turn etc. Testers watch for proper braking, turns, signals, feet firmly down at lights, remembering to turn your head at intersections/driveways etc to check for possible hazards.
Basically if you've been riding and learning the rules you should have no problems with the test.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Your full M is unlikely to give you a huge reduction on insurance, mine didn't change at all. The m2 exit test you pretty much just go for a ride with them following, they tell you where to turn etc. Testers watch for proper braking, turns, signals, feet firmly down at lights, remembering to turn your head at intersections/driveways etc to check for possible hazards.
Basically if you've been riding and learning the rules you should have no problems with the test.

Actually my insurance will drop my $400-450. Already checked with my agent who ran it originally.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Actually my insurance will drop my $400-450. Already checked with my agent who ran it originally.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
That's great but highly unusual in my experience. Glad to hear it, that's a huge savings. Good luck with the test.

That’s the only reason now I want to get it done. As long as it’s done before my renewal. So I am going today to downsview to see if I can book it.

I am going to check Downsview as it’s 10 mom from me. I am doing it on my newer sv650s. It would have have been my choice of bike to use but I would prefer that web my insurance renews in early spring that I hopefully have my M for the drastic insurance reduction. I just had not had the time to arrange it. If I have time options is there a better time.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...)-checklist!&p=2521282&viewfull=1#post2521282

I did mine at downsview last year in July. It's very easy. I didn't own a motorcycle so rented a 225cc bike off of Kijiji. Had no problems on e highway.

If you have a good set of earphones, take them with you. I used mine.

Rest is usual advice. Bobble your head, exaggerate head movements. Look at driveways, parked cars, school buses, all hazards basically. Traffic check before entering any intersection. Don't forget to cancel turn signals. Practice roadside emergency stops. Always be in the correct tire track.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom