Best place in the GTA for a road test | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place in the GTA for a road test

I did mine at Humber College course. Highway portion is on the 427, and the business and residential are near the Humber North campus. Evaluations are on the Sunday. Most good places will check out your riding in a lot before taking you on the road. It's getting a little late in the year though to be able to book something.

If you have some extra cash, best place to go is a school. You'll get a refresher to break some learned habits before the test, it'll be a group ride so that might mean dividing the tester's attention taking a bit of focus off of your mistakes, and finally it's in their best interest for you to pass.

If you have some extra cash, best place to go is a school. You'll get a refresher to break some learned habits before the test, it'll be a group ride so they might mean dividing the tester's attention taking a bit of focus off of your mistakes, and finally it's in their best interest for you to pass.
The tests are done individually. The practice is in a group.

Ah ok I stand corrected. Still though, the other two things make it a good idea.

I would prefer the dmv only because I will find out what I need to work on if I blow it. And I also don’t have the option for a course at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I would prefer the dmv only because I will find out what I need to work on if I blow it. And I also don’t have the option for a course at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

You'd find out more about what to work on at a school, in the practice beforehand. Then they go through the evaluation with you at the end. The bonus is that they are all motorcyclists. You don't actually have to ride to be an examiner.

The sheet is exactly the same as in the sticky thread.

You'd find out more about what to work on at a school, in the practice beforehand. Then they go through the evaluation with you at the end. The bonus is that they are all motorcyclists. You don't actually have to ride to be an examiner.

The sheet is exactly the same as in the sticky thread.

Thank you. But again. Not interested in a school. I have a place to go if I want that route. I am interested in a testing Center.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Anywhere but brampton, i helped a course with their test a few years back, the number of accidents the 'testees' almost were in because of the drivers around them was ridiculous.

I personally did mine at downsview because it was about beginning of september and the only date available was oct 10th at downsview...everything else was booked. So i'd check right away if i were you, don't even know if you'll get the choice lol

I went to Barrie as it had the most openings. Anything more local to gta will usually be booked up

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

as a side question, would i be in any detriment if i attempt the test on a 250cc bike? its all i got and i'm not foreseeing 'upgrading' any time soon.

as a side question, would i be in any detriment if i attempt the test on a 250cc bike? its all i got and i'm not foreseeing 'upgrading' any time soon.
absolutely no problem with 250cc motos!

Saw three 300's pass easily a couple of weeks ago. None of them had any issue with the highway portion.

A 250 is a great bike for the test. A smaller/lighter bike makes everything easier.

Best way to do the test is on a bike you are comfortable on and know. Trying to use someone else bike for the first time on a test is not a good idea as you have no feel for it.

By the time you are ready to do your M test you should be comfortable riding anywhere, so just google the locations in Ontario, find which one you want to go to and book the test as early as can be. There are no trick questions here, know the rules of the road, follow them and ride responsibly. The only thing I would say is make sure you do A LOT of shoulder checks and over exaggerate your head motions so they can see you are doing your shoulder check.

The last two times I tried to book, the website crapped out on me. It was an interesting experience just browsing through the locations to see what was available and when. Some were available right away, while others were booked up for a few weeks. I should try again to book. If I ever get around to it, I'll probably take the place that's closest to home, assuming that there is an opening.

Any idea when the testing office will shut down for the winter?

The last two times I tried to book, the website crapped out on me. It was an interesting experience just browsing through the locations to see what was available and when. Some were available right away, while others were booked up for a few weeks. I should try again to book. If I ever get around to it, I'll probably take the place that's closest to home, assuming that there is an opening.

Any idea when the testing office will shut down for the winter?
Done by November 1 afaik, sooner if it starts snowing.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I have not gone through all the posts, so giving my 2 cents.

I think October 15 is the last date for the M exam at the test centres per the following blurb on the Drive Test website.

[FONT=&quot]"Motorcycle road tests (classes M2 and M) are available from mid-May to mid-October each year, weather permitting"

[/FONT]
https://drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-motorcycles.html

Added, M test is not offered as frequently as the G test. I would start checking now in terms of dates available if I were you. As for test centres, where about do you live? How far are you willing to travel on the bike? How long have you been riding? Do you feel comfortable riding? Do you know your lane & tire tracks? etc. etc.

As for the bike, I would go with what you are comfortable. I gave my first test on CBR300 and second on C50 Blvd. I loved giving the exam on the C50 whereas the CBR300 was more like mehh. I felt like the CBR300 was gonna fly out of my hands at turns.

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom