So I rode a Harley today... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So I rode a Harley today...

Call it wtf you want...if I win 6/49 tonight, that Diavel will be in my garage tomorrow. Even if I won't be riding it till next year.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

So, it's specs that make a bike a cruiser or a sport bike?
I fail to see how this, you call a naked sport bike:
XDiavel-s_2016_Amb-01_1920x1080.mediagallery_output_image_[1920x1080].jpg
Don't care what anyone says, that is a muscle cruiser. Just because it's got balls doesn't make it a sport/naked bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Don't care what anyone says, that is a muscle cruiser. Just because it's got balls doesn't make it a sport/naked bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

+1 Found it awkward to sit on. Was not expecting the full cruiser ergos, which is exactly what the XDiavel has. The regular Diavel is more neutral.

The ergo might feel similar, but is it made for cruising? Really? There are SS bikes that can't hang with it. Id say that' a MUCH bigger determining factor than where you put your feet. Really? that's what determines bike class for you guys? peg location?

Well **** I'm a fabricator, I guess I could weld some pegs up front on a gixxer, move the controls to that location and call that sucker a cruiser too.

Had ninja 250 as a first bike a long long time ago when dinosaurs still around. Then last year I wanted to try a cruiser, looked at shadow, boulevard even vulcan. I ended up finding a good deal on a Sportster XL1200C been a blast since. No major issue, no engine problem so far 5000 KM. I had to replace to signal switch button the plastic clip broke. Next bike wouldn't be a harley, I like to try new bikes maybe Scramble or the BMW R Nine T.

The ergo might feel similar, but is it made for cruising? Really? There are SS bikes that can't hang with it. Id say that' a MUCH bigger determining factor than where you put your feet. Really? that's what determines bike class for you guys? peg location?

So, for in order for the Diavel or xDiavel to be considered a cruiser, it would need to follow the HD book of rules?
1) Thou Shalt Guild a Motorcycle in Chrome
2) Thou Shalt Make As Much Noise as Possible Without Making HP
3) Thou Shalt Not Be Able to Corner
4) Thou Shalt Not Be Able to Stop Quickly.

Seriously. Just because the Diavel makes more HP, has about 20 degrees more lean angle, stops on a dime and makes a ton of torque... that doesn't exclude it from being a cruiser.

Take for example, YellowWolf down at the Dragon.
He has a modified Goldwing - more HP and a radically redone suspension. Not many sport bike riders can keep up with him. Does this mean the GoldWing isn't a cruiser 'cause it can out handle do everything a sport bike does?

What about this guy? He has a highly modified HD that was kicking the crap out of sport bikes until his oil cooler blew. Because he's got these mods in place and he's passing sport bikes all over the place, does that mean it's no longer a cruiser? (this video in the Multimedia section under the "Don't Hold Up The Harley Train" thread)

[video=youtube;P9-61tFkBRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=P9-61tFkBRM[/video]

Have to ask you -- what is the V-rod? It does everything so much better than every other HD, so therefore it MUST be a sport bike, right?

Come on man. Get you clearly took the HD flavoured Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
JTR, it's a classification motorcycles, not too hard to define. See the standard classification here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruiser_(motorcycle) .

This class has a lot of range in power and performance, from the basic V-Star 250 to the Diavel. HD has its entire range in this class today.

So, for in order for the Diavel or xDiavel to be considered a cruiser, it would need to follow the HD book of rules?
1) Thou Shalt Guild a Motorcycle in Chrome
2) Thou Shalt Make As Much Noise as Possible Without Making HP
3) Thou Shalt Not Be Able to Corner
4) Thou Shalt Not Be Able to Stop Quickly.

Seriously. Just because the Diavel makes more HP, has about 20 degrees more lean angle, stops on a dime and makes a ton of torque... that doesn't exclude it from being a cruiser.

Take for example, YellowWolf down at the Dragon.
He has a modified Goldwing - more HP and a radically redone suspension. Not many sport bike riders can keep up with him. Does this mean the GoldWing isn't a cruiser 'cause it can out handle do everything a sport bike does?

What about this guy? He has a highly modified HD that was kicking the crap out of sport bikes until his oil cooler blew. Because he's got these mods in place and he's passing sport bikes all over the place, does that mean it's no longer a cruiser? (this video in the Multimedia section under the "Don't Hold Up The Harley Train" thread)

[video=youtube;P9-61tFkBRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=P9-61tFkBRM[/video]

Have to ask you -- what is the V-rod? It does everything so much better than every other HD, so therefore it MUST be a sport bike, right?

Come on man. Get you clearly took the HD flavoured Kool-Aid.
You realize I ride a Honda right?

Okay, exactly what is it about the duc that says cruiser to you? Is it just peg location and only that?

I think it's been said already? The Ducati Diavel is a power cruiser or muscle cruiser or something along the lines.

It's got a great engine but the design is not an SS.

Same class as a vRod or V max etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realize I ride a Honda right?

Okay, exactly what is it about the duc that says cruiser to you? Is it just peg location and only that?

Simply look at the picture I posted earlier. How on earth does that scream sport bike to you?
I've given you lots of points to consider, but somehow you're stuck on your ideal that the Diavel isn't a cruiser.
I ask you, is the V-Rod a cruiser or a sport bike? Is the Goldwing with a modded suspension a cruiser or a sport bike? Is the bike in the video I posted a cruiser or a sport bike? YOu'll see, they are all cruisers.

I don't care if you ride a honda or not... but, is your honda a cruiser or a sport bike? Is it a cruiser because it makes lousy HP and the HP to Weight ratio is very poor for a motorcycle? Please explain.

You really need to give us your thoughts on what makes a bike a cruiser and what makes it a sport bike. We've given you lots of examples, which you cry foul to - they're sport bikes! So what's YOUR line?

All I can say is that I've put almost 30k on my Dyna Superglide in the past 2 years and the only problem I've had is that the tires wore out for some reason. Regular maintenance and they go forever. And then, when you wear it out, you use Harley engine rebuild program (what other vehicle manufacturer has such a program?) and your bike is like new!

I've replaced some parts with chrome and done a stage 2. Why? because I can. The options are endless with this thing.

LOL. A guy posts that he want's to buy a Harley, 20 guys jump into the thread and an argument breaks out. When it comes to Harleys, some things will never change.

The are big, heavy, slow, and expensive and.....they sell a lot. Not all true but, based on some truth.

Let's face it, there are all kinds that purchase a given motorcycle brand/style and believe they are the best or whatever.

While we are a community, we also break each other's balls whenever we can. It's part of riding.

I just demoed a 2018 Heritage Softail with the Milwaukee Eight, enjoyed it very much. The stock motor is a lot better than the old 103, which ran out of steam so fast.

Still can’t get used to the feet-forward position though. Gimme the Milwaukee Eight in a Street Bob with mid controls.

I just demoed a 2018 Heritage Softail with the Milwaukee Eight, enjoyed it very much. The stock motor is a lot better than the old 103, which ran out of steam so fast.

Still can’t get used to the feet-forward position though. Gimme the Milwaukee Eight in a Street Bob with mid controls.

I had a Harley for a short period of time. It had mid controls, and like you that's what I wanted. I never ended up being really comfortable on/with the bike. Apart from inferior brakes & suspension and being really heavy (or at least not suitable for the roads I like to ride) I wasn't comfortable for long rides. When I traded it in at GP bikes (in 2012 for a KTM 990 SMT) the salesman, who had worked for years at HD told me it was too small for me as the riding position hadn't been set up. he said that forward controls would have made a huge difference in my comfort.

If I were to consider an HD I'd be open to the forward controls based on his reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom