Buying motorcycle at dealership | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying motorcycle at dealership

I financed my bike through my bank but there again I'm very persuasive. I'm also not a risk in any category to my knowledge. As for not getting a bike if you can't pay cash....meh....I understand I'm paying extra for the financing and don't have a massive nest egg and can easily afford payments.

It starts to get very tricky when you're in the bucket on the bike and you're financing the insurance costs as well.

A vendor is not allowed to negoiate a deal around visa or MC, its a big violation of the vendor agreement and if ever found out they get tossed by the credit card company. Cant say it never happens but its pretty big risk on thier part.
I'd venture most retailers are giving visa m/c 3-5% unless your a monster like walmart/amazon.

I'm very happy to take my 2% cash back, or the air miles on the other card when allowed to use it. Timing a purchase and getting 45 days to pay is like sport around here, the .0000354% interest in my bank account sure isnt changing the world but I feel better.

Yes. However there are limitations/restrictions set by the networks what goods and services are allowed. They may even have limits on the amount by transaction and volume.

It's kinda of my field. Automotive dealers are typically restricted/limited to parts and service in their agreement unless given permission. It's not a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the reply. I pick up my bike yesterday :)
ride safe everyone

I think you have a lot of potential to become an important member here
referring to people you know nothing about, or their situation, as idiots

you really ought to step up your game a bit though
OP has only owned 2 R6's
he may not be ready to step up to a Panigale yet

you should really think about telling him he's an idiot for that too

do you ride a V-strom by any chance?

jesus some people are sensitive

i didn't refer to anyone in here as an idiot, i called people who think 0% financing is real idiots.

learn to read chief, then get your panties untangled, they're wound up a lil too tight

i didn't refer to anyone in here as an idiot, i called people who think 0% financing is real idiots.

learn to read chief, then get your panties untangled, they're wound up a lil too tight

Was thinking about taking a minute to educate you on the COB vs ROI value judgement

But after seeing a few of your other posts, it would be a complete waste of time

How's the sale on your CBR going?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If you need to finance a bike you have no business getting one.

I always thought that too and I personally would never finance a toy.

But: for example, my situation is that my assets are tied up in investments and property, but my income would allow me to easily make payments on a bike. And some of my investments pay more than the interest rate on the loan. What's wrong with that?

I always thought that too and I personally would never finance a toy.

But: for example, my situation is that my assets are tied up in investments and property, but my income would allow me to easily make payments on a bike. And some of my investments pay more than the interest rate on the loan. What's wrong with that?

Nothing at all. Somedays I'm in that same place, pulling $25k out of investments making 5-6% to cover a 1.9% loan makes little sense. Now for those folks getting 'dealer' financing at 9.9 to 13.5% , well that's a horse of a different color. But lets be honest, anybody considering a bike/car/rv at those rates probably doesn't have a lot of cash behind them.

And I like those guys paying 9.9% financing, returns to the shareholders is awesome, thanks fella's.

And everybody knows there is no such thing as 0%, somebody somewhere is covering the debt, usually the purchaser. Free money , oy vey.

Back
Top Bottom