Looking for a street jacket, which place has a wide range of apparel? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a street jacket, which place has a wide range of apparel?

Trying to save money is not a problem. My annual budget for bike stuff is laughable. However I still don't think it's right to go to a local shop to "size up" the gear you fully intend to buy online, that's not why they're there.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

So is it ok to go to a car dealership, take a test drive and then make the purchase else where with a better deal?

Last edited:
So is it ok to go to a car dealership, take a test drive and then make the purchase else where with a better deal?
Of course, different situation imo. As was stated earlier, if you were to try on gear at two different shops and bought from one of them, it's all good. It's when you shop online and only go to the shop for sizing with no intentions to ever purchase there.
Ymmv

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Long story short: give the stores a chance to give you a deal on the stuff you covet...and yes the bad dealers will just scoff and tell you where the door is. And the good ones will earn you business enough of the time to stay open and on your list of places to "try stuff on".

So if they don't "earn your business" and have double the price than an online option, is it okay then? lol

Honestly, we could say i'm playing devil's advocate on this one as most of my gear i purchased in store. But even then, to me, buying moto gear is game of waiting for the right sale to purchase; from the time i got my gear to when I got the bike, my life has changed drastically so i have to adapt.

Honestly, no matter how you look at it, its only a question of "when" not a question of "if" retailers close down. This shows you amazon....alibaba is even bigger. Truth is more and more people are cutting out the middleman to save on price as everyone gets poorer with ever increasing cost of living. A conversation for a motorcycle forum? Probably not as i don't think we're considered poor with what most people consider "luxury toys" but not matter what, the end of retail is still looming.
chart-size-of-amazon.jpg

So you only shop for locally grown produce at stores too? Own nothing Chinese made?

Don't be hypocritical. Everyone in today's expensive society is out to save a buck, if GP bikes wasn't so overpriced I'd do the 2 hour ride down and buy gear no problem. But unfortunately places like fortnine (also Canadian, shocking I know) have great deals and more selection.

You think you cannot get the same stuff at GP bikes and that you cannot get them to price match? (or ask?)

So if they don't "earn your business" and have double the price than an online option, is it okay then? lol

Honestly, we could say i'm playing devil's advocate on this one as most of my gear i purchased in store. But even then, to me, buying moto gear is game of waiting for the right sale to purchase; from the time i got my gear to when I got the bike, my life has changed drastically so i have to adapt.

Honestly, no matter how you look at it, its only a question of "when" not a question of "if" retailers close down. This shows you amazon....alibaba is even bigger. Truth is more and more people are cutting out the middleman to save on price as everyone gets poorer with ever increasing cost of living. A conversation for a motorcycle forum? Probably not as i don't think we're considered poor with what most people consider "luxury toys" but not matter what, the end of retail is still looming.

All of that is spot on....except we're not talking about the way we "want" things to go. Do we want to only shop online and have no brick and mortar stores? Of course not. I want to be able to touch and feel the bike that I buy (and the helmet and the jacket etc). the reason a lot of retailers are losing market share is their online presence is weak. Imagine if GP bikes had a website to rival fortnine's AND you could see the things in store? Most bike shops haven't figured out the online part yet and suffer for it. But you will always be able to buy a helmet where you buy a bike. There will simply be fewer places to buy a bike. The question is if that's the way we want things to be. The more business we give to the brick and mortar store the more there will be.....and vice versa. I agree that motorcycle retailers are at an advantage as there is a place for boutique experiences and people willing to pay for a feeling instead of just clicking 'add to cart" for some razors. But that is what we want. I would love if a GP bikes type store was near me.

All of that is spot on....except we're not talking about the way we "want" things to go. Do we want to only shop online and have no brick and mortar stores? Of course not. I want to be able to touch and feel the bike that I buy (and the helmet and the jacket etc). the reason a lot of retailers are losing market share is their online presence is weak. Imagine if GP bikes had a website to rival fortnine's AND you could see the things in store? Most bike shops haven't figured out the online part yet and suffer for it. But you will always be able to buy a helmet where you buy a bike. There will simply be fewer places to buy a bike. The question is if that's the way we want things to be. The more business we give to the brick and mortar store the more there will be.....and vice versa. I agree that motorcycle retailers are at an advantage as there is a place for boutique experiences and people willing to pay for a feeling instead of just clicking 'add to cart" for some razors. But that is what we want. I would love if a GP bikes type store was near me.
as spoiled city dwellers we want everything close-by as dealing with traffic is deemed a huge PITA right?! GP Bikes has everything, and their website works. But i guess we then have to pay in terms of the location of said place.
Oh man, for razors, dollar shave club is the bees knees lol.

I am looking at a getting a leather suit at Lusso - just wondering how their quality is? Do they provide good armour?

There is is a place just outside Hamilton called Tons of Bike gear. They have a lot (tons) of gear. Might be worth the drive. There are a few places along the way if that doesn’t work out, such as Sturgess, Dewitt Honda, Clare’s cycle.

I'm looking to buy a street jacket today, but am looking for something blue and something that would fit a 6'4 person. I assume not all stores would carry those two specifics, as most jackets I find online are all black.

I plan on checking out the tent sale at Riders Choice today, and probably GP bikes. Is there anywhere else you guys can recommend.

Thanks again

I am looking at a getting a leather suit at Lusso - just wondering how their quality is? Do they provide good armour?

maybe a new thread is in order?

There is is a place just outside Hamilton called Tons of Bike gear. They have a lot (tons) of gear. Might be worth the drive. There are a few places along the way if that doesn’t work out, such as Sturgess, Dewitt Honda, Clare’s cycle.

OP found and bought his jacket 6 months ago

Back
Top Bottom