Looking for a street jacket, which place has a wide range of apparel? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a street jacket, which place has a wide range of apparel?

Alderson

I'm looking to buy a street jacket today, but am looking for something blue and something that would fit a 6'4 person. I assume not all stores would carry those two specifics, as most jackets I find online are all black.

I plan on checking out the tent sale at Riders Choice today, and probably GP bikes. Is there anywhere else you guys can recommend.

Thanks again

There is a Royal Distributing next door to GP Bikes.

via Tapatalk

don't think I've seen a blue textile jacket
will be some leather ones available, but lotsa $$$
maybe try Royal Distributing

I'll check out both of those. It doesn't have to be all blue, just accents to go with the reflective strip and coffman exhaust tip I have on the bike.

Royal and RC are doing no tax sale events this weekend, which means GP Bikes will do something similar as well.

I am 6'4" as well and had to get a custom jacket from Lusso Leather.
Total custom fit and quick turnaround.

Went to Riders Choice, the sale was alright, but it was kind of limited. Went inside, didn't really have what I was looking for. I mapped GP Bikes but that was gunna be a 2 hour ride ontop of the hour it took me to get to RC, due to not being able to use the highways yet. Turned around and went to Burlington Cycle and got a nice AlpineStar textile jacket.
It's amazing how much more comfortable and confident you become when you have that extra protection.

I got an XL just because it gave me a little more length but still fit pretty well.

Royal distributing in Guelph might have something
And you don't need to take hwy from Milton
Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I grabbed a Joe rocket jacket. Looks like denim with a zip in hoody. Full back, shoulder and arm pads and wind proof. On sale. Not much of one.... $30 off lol

something blue... The icon brand has lots of different colours. check out the icon sanctuary and overlord jackets. later

Go to a store mentioned, try out different brands and figure out your sizes then buy online. Way more selection and deals. Or size yourself out properly at home and take the risk buying online

Buying gear at shops in the GTA is a joke

Go to a store mentioned, try out different brands and figure out your sizes then buy online.

This is a bad idea. Support your local shop. They're not in business to be your own personal fitting room.

Or size yourself out properly at home and take the risk buying online

This is a better idea, but full of risk.

Buying gear at shops in the GTA is a joke

Nonsense. Try developing a relationship with your local. Shop on service, rather than solely on price.

via Tapatalk

This is a bad idea. Support your local shop. They're not in business to be your own personal fitting room.

Nonsense. Try developing a relationship with your local. Shop on service, rather than solely on price.

via Tapatalk
Although i see where you're going with this, some local shops just can't compete with certain prices, even when shipped from europe, fees included.

I'll always choose to buy more or better gear for the same money if i can. So far i've bought some gear in local shops... when the sale is worth it, but when you're juggling, 2 kids, mortgage, daycare, insurance on both car and bike... and you don't wanna ride in cheap, obsolete gear, something's gotta give cause budgets have to be respected too and not everyone has the luxury to ride from hamilton to whitby to check out stores (which i did originally when i first got my license, pre-kids)

No matter how much you wanna "support local" retailers have to adapt as well, that's why you now have an updated online shop for Riders Choice as an example. The ones who don't adapt go broke, and you can't blame the consumer for using the options that are more convenient for them as humans will default to the path of least resistance.

Therefore you can't blame a consumer for trying to gear up properly while not going broke for it.

Although i see where you're going with this, some local shops just can't compete with certain prices, even when shipped from europe, fees included.

I'll always choose to buy more or better gear for the same money if i can. So far i've bought some gear in local shops... when the sale is worth it, but when you're juggling, 2 kids, mortgage, daycare, insurance on both car and bike... and you don't wanna ride in cheap, obsolete gear, something's gotta give cause budgets have to be respected too and not everyone has the luxury to ride from hamilton to whitby to check out stores (which i did originally when i first got my license, pre-kids)

No matter how much you wanna "support local" retailers have to adapt as well, that's why you now have an updated online shop for Riders Choice as an example. The ones who don't adapt go broke, and you can't blame the consumer for using the options that are more convenient for them as humans will default to the path of least resistance.

Therefore you can't blame a consumer for trying to gear up properly while not going broke for it.
Trying to save money is not a problem. My annual budget for bike stuff is laughable. However I still don't think it's right to go to a local shop to "size up" the gear you fully intend to buy online, that's not why they're there.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Trying to save money is not a problem. My annual budget for bike stuff is laughable. However I still don't think it's right to go to a local shop to "size up" the gear you fully intend to buy online, that's not why they're there.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
So what's the difference between going to 2 brick and mortar shops to try out the gear and choosing gear from one shop instead of the other.

Say you go to GP bikes, see something you like, try it on, and then remember that Royal Distributing is having a sale, so you go check it out and buy it from there; To me it's pretty much the same difference. I do research before i buy an item and part of that research is trying it on to see how it fits compared to other similar items, who sells the stuff, who's got the better price, see if a retailer will match another retailer's price...that might mean going in the store to try on the stuff, and talk to the staff.

Yes i can agree that it kinda sucks that you'd go in a store to try the one item with the sole intention of buying it online, and that's not exactly how i operate, but i can see the reasoning behind it. But it happens for everything, from cars, to clothes, and sometimes even jobs!
In this day and age, people tend to put convenience over 'loyalty'

GP Bikes is having a truck load sale from today to Ooct 7th. No HST

So what's the difference between going to 2 brick and mortar shops to try out the gear and choosing gear from one shop instead of the other.

I am glad you asked.

Because when you shop between two brick and mortar stores it encourages at least one to actually have the item in stock for you to try on. If you then buy it online for less then you are eventually leading to the closing of the store and the loss of the opportunity to try on anything. In my experience (and with GPbikes in particular, my apologies to other stores that also do a great job they I haven't frequented) they will work with you on price on anything to make a sale (I had my local dealer Tri-City give me a great deal on a helmet to earn my business). I have bought stuff online as well don't get me wrong. But going to a store and trying on something just so that you can order it online is going to be a lose/lose. GP has to pay for the staff that run the place and help you by answering your questions about product. They have to pay to cart all of their sale products to the shows so that you can browse....they have overhead, advertising budgets and Canadian taxes to pay. So guess what...they have to charge a bit more than someone who owns a warehouse and just ships you a jacket you tried on somewhere else. And using the "i have a mortgage and bills" argument to justify the lowest price purchasing encourages the lowest price store that provides lower priced jobs. Want all of your purchases to be cheap? Then get ready for job losses in high paying Canada. I don't know what you do but if we race to the bottom you'll have a Canada full of Walmarts and everyone will be making less.

Long story short: give the stores a chance to give you a deal on the stuff you covet...and yes the bad dealers will just scoff and tell you where the door is. And the good ones will earn you business enough of the time to stay open and on your list of places to "try stuff on".

I am glad you asked.

Because when you shop between two brick and mortar stores it encourages at least one to actually have the item in stock for you to try on. If you then buy it online for less then you are eventually leading to the closing of the store and the loss of the opportunity to try on anything. In my experience (and with GPbikes in particular, my apologies to other stores that also do a great job they I haven't frequented) they will work with you on price on anything to make a sale (I had my local dealer Tri-City give me a great deal on a helmet to earn my business). I have bought stuff online as well don't get me wrong. But going to a store and trying on something just so that you can order it online is going to be a lose/lose. GP has to pay for the staff that run the place and help you by answering your questions about product. They have to pay to cart all of their sale products to the shows so that you can browse....they have overhead, advertising budgets and Canadian taxes to pay. So guess what...they have to charge a bit more than someone who owns a warehouse and just ships you a jacket you tried on somewhere else. And using the "i have a mortgage and bills" argument to justify the lowest price purchasing encourages the lowest price store that provides lower priced jobs. Want all of your purchases to be cheap? Then get ready for job losses in high paying Canada. I don't know what you do but if we race to the bottom you'll have a Canada full of Walmarts and everyone will be making less.

Long story short: give the stores a chance to give you a deal on the stuff you covet...and yes the bad dealers will just scoff and tell you where the door is. And the good ones will earn you business enough of the time to stay open and on your list of places to "try stuff on".

Totally agree with this. I went to a couple of bike stores, had very good experience at GP compared to Royal. GP gave me a nice discount on my items which came in under $1k. Nothing else would get close.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

via Tapatalk

So you only shop for locally grown produce at stores too? Own nothing Chinese made?

Don't be hypocritical. Everyone in today's expensive society is out to save a buck, if GP bikes wasn't so overpriced I'd do the 2 hour ride down and buy gear no problem. But unfortunately places like fortnine (also Canadian, shocking I know) have great deals and more selection.

Back
Top Bottom