Sherco Canada Closing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sherco Canada Closing

Iceman

If you own a Sherco, get your parts now. They are going out of business in Canada. Wonder what this means for Langs Offroad and other small dealers.
Losing any offroad manufacturer in Canada sucks and Sherco has some awesome bikes. Hopefully someone else steps up and keeps it going.
http://shercocanada.ca/

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Langs and sherco canada were the same thing. Makes one really leary or buying anything but a ktm or husky euro dirt bike

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Langs and sherco canada were the same thing. Makes one really leary or buying anything but a ktm or husky euro dirt bike

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
So Langs was the Canadian importer/distributer? I didn't realize that.
I guess all parts are still available online, just not in Canada? And I agree, some of the euro manufacturers make me leary. Shame really, as they have some fantastic products.

You can order a sherco and they will ship it in a box and deliver it to your house. Parts can be bought online as well.

It's a bit of misleading title if you ask me ... Importers/Distributors change at times and this is what looks like is happening here. I'm sure Sherco will announce a replacement in due time, or maybe let Canada handle their US distributor, unlikely though.

It is a surprising though since Lang's always told me how proudly he distributes Sherco, compared to KTM/Husky which wasn't his cup of tea .... Maybe he will keep only the Beta, since he didn't sell many Shercos to start with? I have yet to see one on a trail in flesh .... I have seen Beta's, GasGas etc. though ....

After googling...I see, they are a Small Spanish and French motorcycle company. Why would someone purchase from this brand ? seems like a very small time company with limited support no ?

whats the draw to them?

are their bikes street legal here?

Just look at the Hard Enduro top riders and you will see that few of them ride them and well (mind you they would ride anything well, but they would certainly not ride something which will break often ...). The brand is much bigger in Europe, being designed & made in France. Some people prefer smaller companies than KTM ... just a matter of preference. It's actually refreshing that they prove you can be small-volume manufacturer and be good. Beta and Sherco certainly are ...

I believe they have one version which can be blue plated, like the most of rest of euro brands.

After googling...I see, they are a Small Spanish and French motorcycle company. Why would someone purchase from this brand ? seems like a very small time company with limited support no ?

whats the draw to them?

My first guess would be people like to be different and ride something that is rare. Whether that is the best approach for something you plan on bashing through the woods is a reasonable question.

I know nothing about Sherco, but some fringe manufacturers make some products that outperform anything available from mainstream brands (at associated higher prices). Redline snowmobiles comes to mind. They had a lot of great innovative ideas but sadly the company collapsed.

Sherco makes an awesome bike. But so does ktm, beta, gas gas and husky. They are all high end bikes with high end components.

I would like to set this thread straight.

Sherco Canada was Bob Billyard imports. He is the one that has shut down operations in Canada, not Lang’s. Lang’s was running his operations of parts distribution in the past. Currently Lang’s is sherco parts distribution direct from the factory, so no worries about parts or service on any of these bikes. What the new year brings could be a different story, but these wonderful rumours of sherco going out of business are all brought about by one spiteful individual.

I would like to set this thread straight.

What the new year brings could be a different story, but these wonderful rumours of sherco going out of business are all brought about by one spiteful individual.

OK, got my popcorn out... Please tell us more...

Well let me start by saying that for 2018 Lang’s will continue to service and sell Beta Motorcycles, GasGas Motorcycles, and Sherco Motorcycles, both parts and accessories for all. As well as having the largest P&A for European motorcycles in stock in the area.

I heard Szoke was going to be the importer/distributor for Sherco in Canada now. Any truth to this?
I think you will find Jordan is representing the Sherco importer/distributor and will be riding a Sherco sponsor trials bike in the 2018 season.
ompah19_zps4pzjaeuq.jpg

He has ridden Sherco's for years. Multiple people I know were told by Lang's that Szoke is the actual importer. Was just curious if anybody actually knew the details.
would be very cool!

Back
Top Bottom