Semi-Urgent: Need two Suzuki shims, 2.60mm thickness x 29.5mm diametre | GTAMotorcycle.com

Semi-Urgent: Need two Suzuki shims, 2.60mm thickness x 29.5mm diametre

honline

Hey all,

I'm looking to get my bike (99 GS500) back up and running by this weekend after a few months of out of commission. I ordered new valve shims from Snow City Wednesday but I've been told they're not available til Monday for pickup.

Wondering if anyone has any shims of that size (2.60mm x 29.5mm) I can pick up tonight. I have a 3 hour window tomorrow morning to put the bike back together so I'm really hoping to pick some up tonight.

I can pay you ($8/piece from Snow City, new) or I can give the new shims once I pick them next week.

Really trying to squeeze a ride in Sunday and early next week if possible.

I live in East York, heading to Markham tonight after work, so I can go anywhere along the way. If anywhere else in the GTA, I might be able to swing by after 9pm if it's not too far away.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There is a tiny chance I have them, I don't even know when I'm getting home today though... possibly 7:30

where on the bike do they go?

@JavaFan They go above the tappets (valve buckets). The exhaust valve clearance needs to be adjusted.

@Twisted Kestrel Oh, awesome, let me know if you find anything and PM me if you do, please and thanks!

@JavaFan They go above the tappets (valve buckets). The exhaust valve clearance needs to be adjusted.

@Twisted Kestrel Oh, awesome, let me know if you find anything and PM me if you do, please and thanks!

okay, they should be stock items I would think....but maybe not for an older bike....good luck

Fair warning though, I live in Grimsby

@TwistedKestrel, In the event that you do end up finding some, and it's my only option, I might be able to swing by after I drop my kiddo home. Meaning that I wouldn't be able to really get to your place til REALLY late (maybe in the middle-of-the-night late). If you're okay with leaving them in a mail box or something, I can email transfer you, or leave some crisp bills in return.

Wow that's a big shim lol

Don't mind me I'm just a noob that did shims for a CBR500 and D675 recently, they both used 7.48mm (I have a couple 2.55x7.48 left over, but guess that doesn't help your situation lol)

Put her back together just for the weekend, a lil tic tic tic isn't so bad....good luck finding the shim!

Sorry, after some remote investigation it looks like the thinnest I have is 2.68

Last edited:
@waitin4Boost yeah But I'm glad they're that big cause otherwise I would've lost them the day I took them out... In the Centennial College class I took, we looked at "under-bucket" valve shims and those don't look fun at all.

@Twisted no worries, thanks for taking the time to check. I have a 2.70 and a 2.65 in there currently. Need opened up.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@bittz aw man... woulda been perfect but Lindsey's a bit far.. thanks though!

I have 2.60mm x 25mm. These shims fit old, air cooled twin cam Hondas and other Japanese bikes, as well as air cooled Triumph modern classics, etc.

Are you sure about 29.5mm?

via Tapatalk

@Jayell Yeah Clymers manual, GStwins forum, and my micrometre all confirm same diameter measurements. Thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom