Dynojet Quickshifter Shift Rods | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dynojet Quickshifter Shift Rods

I

itsdeli

Hello,

Anyone know which shift rods you'd need for a 16' R6,

I have a dynojet quick shifter and ordered the Shift Rod A, but its waay too short, the bottom doesn't even thread into the rearset.
I'm guessing I'd have to order shift rod D as well, I used the compatibility filter on the website and it gave me two options shift rod a and d.

If anyone could help me out that'd be great, thanks!

We use a 4 1/2" or 11.5cm rod. GP shift with fixed Graves rearsets with the kick stand delete. Shift Rod A is 13.6 cms long. Do you have the shift shaft arm at the correct angle. It needs to be as close to 90 deg as possible

Hello,

Anyone know which shift rods you'd need for a 16' R6,

I have a dynojet quick shifter and ordered the Shift Rod A, but its waay too short, the bottom doesn't even thread into the rearset.
I'm guessing I'd have to order shift rod D as well, I used the compatibility filter on the website and it gave me two options shift rod a and d.

If anyone could help me out that'd be great, thanks!

Normally thier shift rods need to be assembled with more then one of their rods, my bike uses 2 that get threaded together to make one, then you cut one end shorter to the correct size.

For your bike they list shift rod A and shift rod D

If you only bought rod A its short because your missing the required rod D, that was your mistake its not one or the other its both you are required to install

All info is on Power commander site under your make/ model/ year
Picture says 06-10 but is listed under the 2016 instructions as well
eng22-031_shiftkit.jpg

Last edited:
Normally thier shift rods need to be assembled with more then one of their rods, my bike uses 2 that get threaded together to make one, then you cut one end shorter to the correct size.

For your bike they list shift rod A and shift rod D

If you only bought rod A its short because your missing the required rod D, that was your mistake its not one or the other its both you are required to install

All info is on Power commander site under your make/ model/ year
Picture says 06-10 but is listed under the 2016 instructions as well
eng22-031_shiftkit.jpg

Thank you, for my FZ-07 I only had to order one entire rod so I assumed it would be the same process turns out i had to order two separate rods. Thank you for clearing up the confusion, btw were the rods easy to cut?

Thank you, for my FZ-07 I only had to order one entire rod so I assumed it would be the same process turns out i had to order two separate rods. Thank you for clearing up the confusion, btw were the rods easy to cut?

That depends on you and your access to good tools/tooling personally for me I have access to metal working machinery (mills, lathes, etc) so its very easy for me

If you don't you can use a fine tooth metal bladed hack saw and a file etc to try and make a nice clean straight cut. At the least power commander puts scribe lines all around the rods to follow. So at least you have a line to follow to try and make a straight cut if your using hand tools.

If using a hand saw a mitre box will also help hold the rods and make straight cuts
03-Cutting-brass-tubing.jpg

They are made of billet aluminum so they are fairly easy to cut, its cutting straight that can be tricky with hand tools cutting free hand

Last edited:
That depends on you and your access to good tools/tooling personally for me I have access to metal working machinery (mills, lathes, etc) so its very easy for me

If you don't you can use a fine tooth metal bladed hack saw and a file etc to try and make a nice clean straight cut. At the least power commander puts scribe lines all around the rods to follow. So at least you have a line to follow to try and make a straight cut if your using hand tools.

If using a hand saw a mitre box will also help hold the rods and make straight cuts
03-Cutting-brass-tubing.jpg

They are made of billet aluminum so they are fairly easy to cut, its cutting straight that can be tricky with hand tools cutting free hand

Forgot to update you, I used a small power dremel to cut the aluminum rod.

Final cut came out clean, thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom