It's back! 2018 kawasaki klx250 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's back! 2018 kawasaki klx250

Hmmmm, I wonder if the new KLX FI will slot into the older bikes? Doesn't look like there have been too many engine changes for the 2018.

Missed opportunity I say! Why would anyone prefer this over a proven CRF250L? Kawasaki should have used the Versys X300 engine, wider seat and bigger gas tank. I am looking for less vib and more torque not more power.

Missed opportunity I say! Why would anyone prefer this over a proven CRF250L? Kawasaki should have used the Versys X300 engine, wider seat and bigger gas tank. I am looking for less vib and more torque not more power.
What? They already did put the versys 300 engine in a mini adv bike. Why would they want that engine in a small dualsport? It's too wide, too heavy, and all its power is at completely the wrong end of the tach.
The only thing the crf has proven is that it's overweight, underpowered and undersuspended.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Carbed KLX250 already sold just as well as the CRF250L and performed at the same level so I wouldn't be surprised if the FI version outsells the Honda, especially if the suspension will be better.

But yes, I think most of us are disappointed, because we're waiting for one of the Japanese companies to manufacture something like a WR250R but with a larger engine.

Dual sport selection in Canada is very weak.

Carbed KLX250 already sold just as well as the CRF250L and performed at the same level so I wouldn't be surprised if the FI version outsells the Honda, especially if the suspension will be better.

But yes, I think most of us are disappointed, because we're waiting for one of the Japanese companies to manufacture something like a WR250R but with a larger engine.

Dual sport selection in Canada is very weak.
I personally would prefer a 250 lb 250cc engine over a 300 lb 300cc(actually 286cc) engine. I am not a big fan of KTM, but I might not have a choice other than Husqvarna and Beta.

The CRF250L suspension and extra weight is what stopped me from buying it. Of course, it all depends on the person and how they like to ride.

Has anyone seen the new KLX in stock for sale yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom