It's back! 2018 kawasaki klx250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's back! 2018 kawasaki klx250

Looks about exactly the same but it's good that it's back.
Maybe will compete with WR250R better now with these tweeks?

Personally I'd rather see a KLX400 - a fuel injected beast to take on the outdated but still reigning - DRZ400.
Completely agree, anything in a 350-450cc range. Reliable like a drz but FI would sell like hotcakes.
New klx has fully adjustable suspension now but still down on hp compared to a wr, also MSRP is 1000 more than the crf250 but 2000ish less then a wr.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The WR250R was dropped for 2018. I believe its due to Euro 4 compliance. Good timing on Kawasaki's part. I'm hoping Yamaha will make the WR250F street legal to replace the WR250R. That might up the game a bit.

It left? DRZ is still the best. regardless of being carbed.

It will be hard to get much under the 304 wet without looking at titanium bits, and then the value level bike isnt so value level anymore

^^Agreed. The claimed wet weight for a wr250r is 295lbs, 9 lbs isn't that big a difference.

Damn big heavy pig 4 stroke 250. Not exactly something to get excited about. That thing will be a dog on the street.

most definately a dog on the street, but thats not really the point of this bike. Its actually off road capable, and you can ride it legally to a trail head or fire road. And it will be pretty value priced, cheap to insure and maintain. Its a direction lots of dual sport riders have been hoping manufacturers would go for a while.

Looks about exactly the same but it's good that it's back.
Maybe will compete with WR250R better now with these tweeks?

Personally I'd rather see a KLX400 - a fuel injected beast to take on the outdated but still reigning - DRZ400.

That would be interesting. Suzuki hasn't touched the DRZ for what, 12 years?

Damn big heavy pig 4 stroke 250. Not exactly something to get excited about. That thing will be a dog on the street.
Don't know what you expected? It is an entry level dualsport built to a price point. It'll do a fine job of doing what it's meant to do. The days of 2t street legal dualsport in North America is long gone but we can hope.
You can't even compare the performance with the euro bikes, not even in the same ballpark.

Beautiful bike! And for those that want in 400cc oh please why don't you guys just go and grab a 600cc or 1000cc instead? 250cc is a good number for anyone just wanting to cruise around hogtown Toronto doing errands. Some people do it with 90cc scooters what's wrong with a 250cc?

That would be interesting. Suzuki hasn't touched the DRZ for what, 12 years?

Heh, that's a blink of the eye in comparison to some other Japanese models. I believe Suzuki did show a DRZ400 concept bike (in Tokyo), sometime around the 2008 market/real estate crash. FI, revised plastics, suspension and possibly gearing. Looked a bit like a blue KTM.

Beautiful bike! And for those that want in 400cc oh please why don't you guys just go and grab a 600cc or 1000cc instead? 250cc is a good number for anyone just wanting to cruise around hogtown Toronto doing errands. Some people do it with 90cc scooters what's wrong with a 250cc?

600cc+ for a dual sport? can you imagine trying to do some of the technical trails on that? or perhaps you haven't ridden woods/enduro before????

600cc+ for a dual sport? can you imagine trying to do some of the technical trails on that? or perhaps you haven't ridden woods/enduro before????

Don’t people do that all the time on KLRs and XR650s and the like? (Never ridden dirt before, genuinely curious to know how odffroad capable the 650 thumpers are.)

Don’t people do that all the time on KLRs and XR650s and the like? (Never ridden dirt before, genuinely curious to know how odffroad capable the 650 thumpers are.)

I think it is more along the lines of capable vs fun. Using big *** adv bikes off road works if you stay out of the mud, but you are always fighting the weight (and possible clearance problems in deep ruts). Proper dirtbikes (with good riders) can go balls out and it looks like a ton of fun. My guess is something along the lines of a KLR can go almost anywhere, but a proper dirtbike will be much faster and the rider will be less tired at the end of the day.

CRF 450's seem to win Baja and the Dakar lately so there must be something to flat out mud/sand/hills. I've ridden off road with guys and GS1200, I cant hold it up when it goes and cant pick it up once its over, they do fine but have a lot more experience than me.

If your into deep sand or mud there is no such thing as too much power on tap. But pulling 304lbs out of the mud looks a bit easier than 585lbs.

Back
Top Bottom