600ish cc Naked Bikes? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

600ish cc Naked Bikes?

Appreciate the insight from everyone.! Im 26, in GTA. Sounds like I either have to accept the insurance rates on a bigger bike or settle for a little less power for a year or two.
Just as a note, I started on a ZZR250 in April of my first year, it broke down in August, and then I bought a different 250 (CBR250 this time) until the following August when I went to my first SV650S.
That extra time on the second 250 was well worth it, experience and costwise.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

maybe an aprilia shiver? I love mine. 750cc twin, sporty enough to have fun but not to entice you to loose you licence,super cheap to insure, looks great.. (changing to 900 for this yr but 750s can still be found new or used). great bike and tons of fun to ride but as im sure someone will chime in there is a limited dealer network so parts/service can be a pain if you are not comfortable doing stuff yourself. nothing is perfect i guess.
I thought this was practically the definition of a hooligan bike meaning very likely to lose your license. Also, any time I've gotten a quote for one of these it was crazy.

maybe look at cbr500f (i think thats what its called) the naked cbr500.
enough power to not get bored on and definitely cheaper insurance than the other options mentioned.

Consider taking a look at the Triumph Street Triple 675R. I haven't heard anyone say bad things about it. I personally find it much more attractive than the FZ07/FZ09 and it has the nice 3 cylinder growl. Have had my M2 for just over a year and TD quoted me $1530/yr full coverage too!

Agree about the insurance on the street triple. Ive been quoted 1800 or so for that and 5.5k for an fz09. Thats being over 25, full M, clean record outside of a nonfault, and 4 years experience. Personally im a fan of just buying something that's "cheap" to you but still as close to what you want as possible (we all cant afford superdukes:( )and riding the **** out of it.

FZ09 is also a triple.

Consider taking a look at the Triumph Street Triple 675R. I haven't heard anyone say bad things about it. I personally find it much more attractive than the FZ07/FZ09 and it has the nice 3 cylinder growl. Have had my M2 for just over a year and TD quoted me $1530/yr full coverage too!

I thought this was practically the definition of a hooligan bike meaning very likely to lose your license. Also, any time I've gotten a quote for one of these it was crazy.

Well it does fit the bill of hooligan bike and will wheelie in 1st and 2nd on throttle but the power up high is docile making it less likely to induce 3 digit speeds in unneeded places in my opinon.. as far as ins. i pay less than 1k per year, 800 and something if memory serves with TD.. late 20s, full M and half dozen years experience with clean record for what its worth

Well it does fit the bill of hooligan bike and will wheelie in 1st and 2nd on throttle but the power up high is docile making it less likely to induce 3 digit speeds in unneeded places in my opinon.. as far as ins. i pay less than 1k per year, 800 and something if memory serves with TD.. late 20s, full M and half dozen years experience with clean record for what its worth
Fair enough. Right now I'm at about $1920/yr total for all 3 vehicles.

Keep in mind hes only got 3 months of experience

So, a naked bike that puts out well over 100hp with a wild engine, and a light front wheel might not be the best decision.

Especially since OP seems to be budget conscious, and is looking for something around 600ish CC

This would rule out the street triple(even the 675 one) and the Fz 09

OP you've got 3 months experience which is a life time in GTAM world, just watch some youtube videos and jump straight to a busa and be done with it.

Last edited:
I'm a new rider and bought a CBR500R, someone else recommended the CBR as well. It's a great bike, very comfortable, and still has more than enough power than legally necessary.

I've got the CB500F....great bike and a good step up from the 250 I had previously. I like the look and feel of it, not too silly on the road, and is forgiving of errors when riding. I've put about 15k on mine and have enjoyed it well. Highly recommend.

OP you've got 3 months experience which is a life time in GTAM world, just watch some youtube videos and jump straight to a busa and be done with it.
And on this note I'm off to order an H2 :D. I hope you're being sarcastic. I'm quite aware that as someone else mentioned, I'm barely scratching the surface with what is more like 2 months of actual riding experience. I just got a little bored with the 250 and want something with a little more power. I fully understand that I would have to adjust and respect the power, especially at first.

If I hadn't gotten myself a gladius recently, I'd look into this. It's in Ottawa though so might be taking a risk in not liking it.
Could do a weekend trip to the capital and check it out.
Please view this ad:
Reduced Price! Custom FZ6 Sport Touring / Naked / Streetfighter,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*2,800

Im going to start to sound pretty picky, and tbh I am, but I'd rather something with a little less kms. Really is a good price and nice looking bike though, I might send my buddy in Ott to take a look at it. Also posted a month ago, so it may well be sold already.

Keep in mind hes only got 3 months of experience
So, a naked bike that puts out well over 100hp with a wild engine, and a light front wheel might not be the best decision.
Especially since OP seems to be budget conscious, and is looking for something around 600ish CC
This would rule out the street triple(even the 675 one) and the Fz 09

I think most people are thinking the 675 street triple, which is great bike and I really like them. Insurance is pretty decent on it, but most of the Triumphs I've seen are a little out of my budget I'd say. If I could find one for 6-7k I'd be very interested but would be stretching the budget a bit. Also considering the FZ07 after talking to a couple brokers today but yeah the FZ09 is ruled out, a little too much bike for me just yet, and truly the FZ8 probably would've been too.

Appreciate all of your insights though, this was my first post on gtam and tons of responses, you guys have turned me into a fan of the site for sure!

There is not a huge different between the new and old street trip, both make over 100hp, and while it may not be the psycho the FZ 09 is...its still a lot of bike

Just my 2 cents, based on everything you have told me, including your budget, id still say a good SV is your best bet

If I hadn't gotten myself a gladius recently, I'd look into this. It's in Ottawa though so might be taking a risk in not liking it.

Could do a weekend trip to the capital and check it out.

Please view this ad:

Reduced Price! Custom FZ6 Sport Touring / Naked / Streetfighter,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*2,800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

this does look like a good deal

and OP, the km shouldn't concern you
30K is nothing on that engine, it's bulletproof
as long as the maint. records are available, no worries

one concern with that bike though
most FZ6's that turned into street fighters
is because they were crashed and it's cheaper to do that
than replace everything else

an inspection by someone who knows what to look for should be able to rule that out

Its in Ottawa though so if he wants to get it inspected he'll have to find a reputable bike mechanic

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

this does look like a good deal

and OP, the km shouldn't concern you
30K is nothing on that engine, it's bulletproof
as long as the maint. records are available, no worries

one concern with that bike though
most FZ6's that turned into street fighters
is because they were crashed and it's cheaper to do that
than replace everything else

an inspection by someone who knows what to look for should be able to rule that out
That bikes price started around 3800 a couple months ago. I was seriously considering it but ended up getting a gladius (wanted to try a vtwin).

You'll never know until you check it out in person but apparently he has all the original plastics and takes them off in summer and puts them back on when it gets colder. In pictures it looks pretty clean.

That bikes price started around 3800 a couple months ago. I was seriously considering it but ended up getting a gladius (wanted to try a vtwin).

You'll never know until you check it out in person but apparently he has all the original plastics and takes them off in summer and puts them back on when it gets colder. In pictures it looks pretty clean.

Thanks!! I'm going to shoot them a message and see what happens. I like the bike and hard to look past the price if it's really in the shape that shows in those pictures. I wouldn't know any shops in that area, would I be crazy to not have it inspected in the case it had been babied, he had original plastics and some maintenance records?

Back
Top Bottom