Finally the 180/60 coming back to fit our 600cc machines | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally the 180/60 coming back to fit our 600cc machines

It's dimensionally nearly identical do the 200/55. It's the same tire.
They are probably losing sales for sportbikes because a 200 rear won't fit on a 600 amirite.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

They are probably losing sales for sportbikes because a 200 rear won't fit on a 600 amirite.
Hopefully it fits better than the current 200.
Picture-242-Custom2.jpg

It's dimensionally nearly identical do the 200/55. It's the same tire.

Not that close. Ask Sandy to see the technical drawings, you might change your opinion.

Mount the Dunlop 200/55 and the 180/60 on wheels side by side and measure. The numbers on these tires don't mean much.

They'll be nearly identical.

Mount the Dunlop 200/55 and the 180/60 on wheels side by side and measure. The numbers on these tires don't mean much.

They'll be nearly identical.

Did it all summer long Tim. R6 and a ZX6. Regional to CSBK. Back and forth.

Granted, 180/60 SC versus 200 Dunlop.

You?

Did it all summer long Tim. R6 and a ZX6. Regional to CSBK. Back and forth.

Granted, 180/60 SC versus 200 Dunlop.

You?

If Sandy tells me they're the same size I'm going to take his word for it. The 125/80-17 KR106 and the 120/70-17 KR448 are the same size. The numbers don't mean much... oddly.

I haven't ridden on Pirelli since 2014. I know very little about Pirelli.

All speculation until the rubber hits the road...literally. But I'm pretty confident after seeing what others have done on this tire (compared to what they did with the 'bigger' tire) that a competent 600cc rider will improve lap times substantially. Most riders however won't feel a bit of difference.

But know of us will know until the laps start clinking off.

But I'm pretty confident after seeing what others have done on this tire (compared to what they did with the 'bigger' tire) that a competent 600cc rider will improve lap times substantially.

Why? Different compounds, different profile or is it a feel thing?

Why? Different compounds, different profile or is it a feel thing?

Mostly it is the shape of the tire that will provide a bigger contact patch at full lean angle = more drive out of the corner = more speed at the end.

Wonder if it will be offered in multiple compounds like the 200. The 190 was kinda redundant because it only came in Medium+

Which 190 was only Med+? I've got a 190 slick Med and two 190 GPA Pro Soft in the basement.

Personally I really like the feel of the GPA Pro 190/60 on my ZX6R. The 190/55 slick feels too low and doesn't seem as willing to lean as far as the GPA Pro. I'm eager to try this new 180/60 also.

Back
Top Bottom