Finally the 180/60 coming back to fit our 600cc machines | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally the 180/60 coming back to fit our 600cc machines

How old is it? The 190/55 KR449 was only available in Med+ (8477) this year as far as I know. They used to offer it in Med (7455), but not anymore.

No idea on GP-A's as I never ran them.
I got it at the end of 2016. Maybe that's why Sandy said "Aw man, you got my last medium 190. I wanted that...". So when they made it the spec tire for 600's they eliminated the other compounds? Nice.

I got it at the end of 2016. Maybe that's why Sandy said "Aw man, you got my last medium 190. I wanted that...". So when they made it the spec tire for 600's they eliminated the other compounds? Nice.
The spec tire for sportbike was the 200 rear

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately with the new 180/60 being the CSBK SS spec tire there won't be any special deals at the bike show.

Hey if it's a few bucks cheaper than the 200 I'll be happy

I had an opportunity to use the new soft 180/60 this past weekend at the last RACE Rounds. The tire felt great the tip in wasn't overwhelming but nice and smooth. Felt great while it was leaned all the way over even in 40 degree weather the edge grip was really good. My bike was poorly set up and still shaved 4 seconds off my previously recorded lap times from my rookie year. The tire took a beating in the heat and compared to the CSBK spec 200 soft tire that I started to shred in 6 to 8 long track laps still looked fresh. At the end of the day I think the tire is a great improvement and think we will see some quick lap times next year. Special thanks to Sandy at pro 6 for hooking me up with the test tire and Payam for helping me out in the pits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The KR451 in the 200/55 actual width is 196mm.
The KR451 in the 180/60's width is 184mm. The diameter is only 1mm smaller than the 200.
So, they are not the same size...
The sharper profile allows for better fit on the smaller rim, and therefor less aggressive wear on the tire because or a more precise contact patch. A bit crude, but I think you get it?
The 180/60 will be the same price as the 200/55 (just as the GPA Pro's were/are the same price despite being a 190/60)
We also plan to keep carrying the more economic 190 slick for trackday use in the 8477 compound. It is a generation past technology which is reflective in the price.

I also got to ride the 180 this weekend.

Tip in was improved but corner exit was also improved. The bike stood up easier especially out of the hairpin. Both of these things meant less effort and less rider fatigue.
Tire wear was amazing. In 8 laps i would shred a soft 200 and when i came off with the 180 it was still like new.

Also got to try the med+ 180 and that tire wear was even better. Did notice a bit more wheel spin but it was to start off a used tire. I am sure brand new it would perform very well. From what i understand the 2 compound choices next year will be soft or med+.

If i had to choose it would be the 180 and with more test time i know that i could have shaved off more time.

Also a huge thanks to PRO6 for letting me be a guinea pig.

The KR451 in the 200/55 actual width is 196mm.
The KR451 in the 180/60's width is 184mm. The diameter is only 1mm smaller than the 200.
So, they are not the same size...
The sharper profile allows for better fit on the smaller rim, and therefor less aggressive wear on the tire because or a more precise contact patch. A bit crude, but I think you get it?
The 180/60 will be the same price as the 200/55 (just as the GPA Pro's were/are the same price despite being a 190/60)
We also plan to keep carrying the more economic 190 slick for trackday use in the 8477 compound. It is a generation past technology which is reflective in the price.
Thanks for the info. Any idea what the size difference is with it mounted on a 5.5" rim?

Thanks for the info. Any idea what the size difference is with it mounted on a 5.5" rim?

That data is the mounted and inflated numbers. Any tech data is always calculated that way.

I have a profile comparison graph for visual, but I can't get it to upload here...

The 180 is being built in 3 compounds, a 0127 (super soft) the 0097 (replacing the 2662) and the 0585 (replacing the 7455). Because they wear better than the 200/55 ON THE 5.5" rim, everything is moving a shade softer. We have yet to plan our allocations at CSBK but we do plan to allocate the 0097 for sure, but have yet to test the 0127 to see if it can go race distance and pace on our tracks. It did at laguna this past July at MotoA and was wicked fast, so I am thinking it will in the right temps no problems.
There are also 4 new compounds in the 200/55 which are essentially a grip/durability improvement on the the 2662/7455. Profile and carcass are the same, just some rubber tweaking. They will be 0197 (pre Q, which we probably won't stock), 0097, 0455, 0585.

Last edited:
Damnit! Just when you think you know your Dunlop numbers they go and change them! I guess I have some studying to do now.

That data is the mounted and inflated numbers. Any tech data is always calculated that way.

I have a profile comparison graph for visual, but I can't get it to upload here...

The 180 is being built in 3 compounds, a 0127 (super soft) the 0097 (replacing the 2662) and the 0585 (replacing the 7455). Because they wear better than the 200/55 ON THE 5.5" rim, everything is moving a shade softer. We have yet to plan our allocations at CSBK but we do plan to allocate the 0097 for sure, but have yet to test the 0127 to see if it can go race distance and pace on our tracks. It did at laguna this past July at MotoA and was wicked fast, so I am thinking it will in the right temps no problems.
There are also 4 new compounds in the 200/55 which are essentially a grip/durability improvement on the the 2662/7455. Profile and carcass are the same, just some rubber tweaking. They will be 0197 (pre Q, which we probably won't stock), 0097, 0455, 0585.
Thank you! Looking forward to trying them out.

Edit- try imgur.com to upload the info

I raced on them yesterday with a Med+ rear.... I didn't find a drastic change from the 200, but the wear was amazing. I've never had a tire wear that nicely.

The disclaimer on this though is I was riding a new bike this weekend. I did Friday/Saturday on worn 200 and switched to the 180 for Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom