New Chain time - DIY Help Needed! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Chain time - DIY Help Needed!

where are you located dude?

Heyyyy sorry I missed this - I'm at steeles & mississauga road.

Update: I bought the DID chain tool, and it is as fantastic as everyone claims. I pushed the master pins back out slightly, and riveted them on perfectly. It was a quick job, and although the master pins were clamped too far, they don't seem to be sticking like some other horror stories I've read. I wonder if they will loosen up to the standard width. Either way, the bike is soooo smoooooth now!

I have installed 2 530VX chains on my FZ6 and a 525VX on my V-Strom. Not sure why you think it's overkill, it's the first chain I check out when I need a new chain. Don't know what that rivet pin is about, but my fake MotionPro has riveted all of them.

The last chain was a 525VX - this one is a 525VX Pro, and the side plates are quite noticeably bigger... I don't regret the purchase at all, though.

Jeez that shop really messed up replacing the chain and then not checking the slack. I guess one could argue that a quick slack check should be part of a pre-ride inspection. From your pic a casual glance would tell you it's way out of spec.

Related: Anyone near Oakwood and St. Clair or near the west side of Pearson have a DID rivet tool I could borrow sometime? Don't want to fork over $150 or some craziness just to flare a chain rivet once every few years.

damn thats a cool feature, will have to try out an EK chain next time, i usually only buy DID but I hate how fiddly the rivets are even after doing it like 50 times.

Seems like you cheaped out on the chain & not the caliper... Mitutoyo eh?

I heard that from my dad the last time I pulled out my Mitutoyo, I got it from Atlas Machinery for pretty cheap. Maybe they have a B line or something?

Though I don't think a DID 525VX Pro is cheaping out

Anything Mitutoyo should be a pretty penny. Minimum $100

Haha, I saw that too. I hate digital calipers with a passion though (other than specific use cases like differential measurement or unit conversion). Went back to a dial. Keep it clean and it works every time. No more dead batteries for me.

Back
Top Bottom