Trying to find dealerships that accept car trade ins | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trying to find dealerships that accept car trade ins

Ready Honda in Mississauga may do this
they sell cars and bikes

no one is gonna be happy with it though
so trade value will suck
but there are tax advantages over a private sale

Sell the car privately and use the funds to buy the bike that way. You'll end up further ahead unless you're buying a $20K bike with a trade in worth a hefty sum.

You can do a 3 way deal if everyone cooperates. If you want to buy a bike from dealership A and dealership B wants your car, you get dealership B to write a cheque for the price of the car to dealership A. You go back to dealership A with dealership B's cheque and the remaining balance and dealership A can process it as a trade and save you the tax.

I have done it before, but it's probably easier (and more cost effective) to sell the car privately and cleanly buy the bike.

The reason for trading in is because my car is in kind of bad shape so selling privately would take awhile. Thanks for the input riders.

Try Newmarket Powersports - formerly Suzuki of Newmarket. They moved and are on Woodbine Ave now. Pretty sure they will take a car on trade.

The reason for trading in is because my car is in kind of bad shape

If it's basically a old rust bucket beater, then trust me, a dealership isn't going to give you more than scrap value for it at best, if they are even interested - most wouldn't be.

You will be better selling it privately - if it runs, drives, and stops (and doesn't need $5000 in work to certify) you'll find someone willing to give you $500-$1000 for it. A dealer might give you a few hundred bucks towards the trade value and then call the nearest scrapper who will come and take it off their hands for that same value.

Back
Top Bottom