RACE mentor program - mentor needed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE mentor program - mentor needed

does the mentor program apply to first time racers? i thought its just racers coming from a different organization

does the mentor program apply to first time racers? i thought its just racers coming from a different organization

It has been utilized to bring "new" racers to SMP.

It's intent is to encourage existing racers to help new racers with the challenges of a race Weekend regarding schedule, processes etc.

It's role was to bring new people to racing. It has been used to help with racers from other series but it was never designed to bring racers from other series.

Last edited:
Do you have a license? Have you done track days? What type of bike do you have and is it race prepped (safety wired etc)?
There are lots of helpful people at Shanonville, especially the lightweight group. It'd be easiest if you expressed your intensions and a little bit about yourself....there's a lot to digest if everything is very new to you. But not to worry, everyone learns quickly.

I have taken him up on his offer :) We've exchanged a couple PMs already!

But yeah, done quite a few track days already. Have a zx6r that's track prepped, but not quite race-prepped - I still need a brake guard and safety wire, then pretty much good to go!
I'll still need a race license - which bakaboy provided quite a few options on obtaining one.

I'll be looking forward to getting out there this season - even if I can't do all races, maybe at least 2-3 of them.

Caboose you want to mentor me?

I think I might race RACE round 1 this year, you can show me how to go!

Because of me caboose????

bakaboy... I'm pretty sure Ill be there for round 1. I've never got on well at Shanny and I could use the track time.

Because of me caboose????

bakaboy... I'm pretty sure Ill be there for round 1. I've never got on well at Shanny and I could use the track time.

We will take care of you.

The mentor program will be back it just hasnt been confirmed.

The younger kid or I can help with the slower lines.

Older kid won't want to help you much if you pick it up and start to battle with him. :)

We will chat.

Back
Top Bottom