RACE mentor program - mentor needed | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE mentor program - mentor needed

mbroyda

I've done a few rounds at SOAR this year and had a blast, now i'm looking to check out a RACE round and grid up with you guys / gals this weekend.
As I understand there is a mentor program I can take advantage of and save myself and another racer 50% of the race fees, let me know if anyone is interested.

Also can someone clear up some of the classes for me, I see there is a Rookie Cup, Novice 600 and AM 600, whats the difference between Novice 600 and rookie cup?

Cheers

Max

I've done a few rounds at SOAR this year and had a blast, now i'm looking to check out a RACE round and grid up with you guys / gals this weekend.
As I understand there is a mentor program I can take advantage of and save myself and another racer 50% of the race fees, let me know if anyone is interested.

Also can someone clear up some of the classes for me, I see there is a Rookie Cup, Novice 600 and AM 600, whats the difference between Novice 600 and rookie cup?

Cheers

Max

It's a left over element from the past when SOAR and RACE tried to cooperate. In general if you have been doing AM600 at SOAR then enter AM600.

Based on your results that I can see on Speedhive enter the Novice 600 and Rookie Cup. If you dominate them on Saturday then you have the option of doing AM600 on Sunday.

It's your first time at SMP so I would suggest these two classes to minimize your stress.

I can't tell if you have run over the maximum # of rounds for the Rookie class but register. Even if you have I can't see anyone protesting you.

Come see me at the track and we will help the best that we can. We won't be to the track until Fri nite.

We have already pre registered so I can't offer up the mentor discount but we can assist to help you with the RACE process and the track.

Between the 3 of us we are racing 9 of the races on the schedule.

Thats what I was thinking Novice 600 and Rookie, I've only done 1 rookie & AM600 round at the start of the season, and then did 2 endurance rounds, so I should be ok as far as rookie eligibility goes

i'll definitely stop by and say hello !

Why does RACE run novice 600 and rookie cup? Aren't they essentially the same thing?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Then why are there points accumulated?

Novice 600
Dwayne Bucholtz and Kayla Hannaford have separated themselves from the others with 81 and 75 points over Trevor Banavage and Spencer Gill tied with 45 points. I wouldn’t try guessing this outcome with both of the top two having DNF’s novice racing can be hard to predict.

Rookie Cup
Mukja Eros has run a perfect season so far and looks to continue it to the end to take this one. Dwayne Bucholtz and William Kowalczyk should be able to hold onto top 3 year end standings but just like Novice 600 this can be unpredictable and Kyla Hannaford will be looking to capitalize on any mistakes at the front.

Then why are there points accumulated?

Novice 600
Dwayne Bucholtz and Kayla Hannaford have separated themselves from the others with 81 and 75 points over Trevor Banavage and Spencer Gill tied with 45 points. I wouldn’t try guessing this outcome with both of the top two having DNF’s novice racing can be hard to predict.

Rookie Cup
Mukja Eros has run a perfect season so far and looks to continue it to the end to take this one. Dwayne Bucholtz and William Kowalczyk should be able to hold onto top 3 year end standings but just like Novice 600 this can be unpredictable and Kyla Hannaford will be looking to capitalize on any mistakes at the front.

The write up you quoted was written by another racer and not RACE.

Novice 600 is not to be scored or title awarded. It's in the rulebook and has always been as such. Although it seems that they have forgotten this. Results yes. But no point awards.

"Beginning in 2007 there will be awards presented to the top three at each event in the Novice 600 races. However there will be no points awarded & no season end championship."

A believe new personnel in scoring and timing has made an error. I saw the Novice 600 results on the website the other day and had noted to raise it this weekend.

Rookie Cup was to be eliminated for 2017 but it wasn't for some reason. It has provided new/novice 600 racers with 2 classes per weekend which was good for them. But it adds another race to the schedule and takes laps away for other classes during the weekend. It's been a good deal for those racers as they get 2 races per day without having to feel the pressure of moving up to AM600.

For now the new 600 racers will enjoy the optional for 4 races this weekend that are dedicated to them if they choose to pay the fees for the additional class.

Last edited:
The answer from RACE is that the legacy system populates results into points and standings automatically unless someone overrides it.

There is no Novice 600 champion however RACE has not overrode the results and standings as it gives them a easy system to view to govern decisions as to who and when people are promoted out of Novice 600 to AM600.

So my weekend started out well on Friday, was working on learning the track, and lap times were dropping, Sat morning practice was also great kept on improving and tightening up my lines, AM 600 race was hard work in the heat trying not too loose sight of the back of the pack, and even tho I finished last I improved my lap times from morning practice so it was a personal win for me, Rookie cup race started out very well I worked my way into 3rd place and managed to stay there until the last lap, I guess my lap times started dropping and the rider in 4th got a pass on me just before the back straight, I wasn't going to let that go without a fight and worked very hard to get by him but couldn't find a line around him, it all came down to the last corner where I tried to get on the gas early and hard, and that's where my weekend took a turn for the worse, rear tire slid out and then regained traction which sent me flying over the handle bars and the bike cartwheeling down the front straight.
Thankfully my gear did its job and I managed to walk away with only some bangs and bruises.

I had a blast racing with you guys! Big thank you to 905 and the rest of the guys that made me feel very welcome. i'll see you guys again next year

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

Apologies that I never hooked up with you. I hope that your are ok and the bike is repairable.

905 and crew are a good group to take care of you

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

Apologies that I never hooked up with you. I hope that your are ok and the bike is repairable.

905 and crew are a good group to take care of you

I learned from the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to bump this...

I'm considering participating RACE, but would like to know "everything I need to know" to get started before I jump right in with both feet..
(I'm guessing this is what a race mentor would do??)

See, clearly I have no clue.

HELP please :)

I'm considering participating RACE, but would like to know "everything I need to know" to get started before I jump right in with both feet..

Come buy me a coffee.

Do you have a license? Have you done track days? What type of bike do you have and is it race prepped (safety wired etc)?
There are lots of helpful people at Shanonville, especially the lightweight group. It'd be easiest if you expressed your intensions and a little bit about yourself....there's a lot to digest if everything is very new to you. But not to worry, everyone learns quickly.

Back
Top Bottom