Does M1 test require booking an appointment? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does M1 test require booking an appointment?

Pikes

I feel I'm almost ready for the M1 test. Do I need to call the driving centre to book an appointment to write the test? Or can I just walk in at any time and tell the receptionist that I want to write it? I tried calling the driving centre in Etobicoke to find out, but the operator keeps telling me that they are experiencing high call volumes, and then it just hangs up..

If I can just walk in, then I'll go tomorrow morning as soon as they open.

If someone can confirm this, that'd be great!

from drivetest.ca = "Available without an appointment. (Come at least one hour before the office closes to avoid disappointment.)"

Yeah, you can just go in and say you want to write the M1. If they have a ticket machine, you just select that you're there to "Write G1/M1 test" and it'll give you a ticket, then you wait for them to call your number. You do a quick eye exam and then they'll send you into the room to do it.

I don't know which one you plan on going to, but I recommend going as soon as they open. I went to the Burlington location and there was already a lineup to the door before the place was even technically open. I tried going to the Oakville one at 3:30 (they close at 5), and they wouldnt let me write cause there wasn't enough time for me to write.

If you're going to write it this late in the season, it's best to get your M2 lined up beforehand, unless you don't mind doing it again next year.

If you're going to write it this late in the season, it's best to get your M2 lined up beforehand, unless you don't mind doing it again next year.

Yeah I'm planning on getting the safety course done so I can hand in the certificate after 60 days to get my M2. Is this a good idea? Or should I hold off on getting my M1 until next year?

Yeah I'm planning on getting the safety course done so I can hand in the certificate after 60 days to get my M2. Is this a good idea? Or should I hold off on getting my M1 until next year?

Upside is that you'll have plenty of time to go for your full M - think 15 months into the future. I'd say go for it.

If you can find a course with room in it...go for it this year - the spring time is always nuts and courses book out early and are crazy full. This time of year can be busy as well but courses should still have room.

Back
Top Bottom