Biker who pulled wheelies on the M6 is jailed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker who pulled wheelies on the M6 is jailed

that vid is hilarious. Entertaining guy for sure.

Well there's a bit more to the story. Wheelies, 110+mph, standing no hands on the bike and my favorite digging through a backpack to find his phone.

Still 8 months in the can is incredibly harsh for riding like a mild idiot (I skipped through, but I didn't see any other cars that had to change what they were doing because of the rider). Hopefully this was a repeat offender and that's why he got hit so hard.

Last edited:
Hopefully this was a repeat offender and that's why he got hit so hard.

Well, it is the UK, quite possibly the only state more "nanny-ish" than Ontario...

Well, it is the UK, quite possibly the only state more "nanny-ish" than Ontario...

Having lived there for several years, I don't think it is.. Beer and Alcohol is not as tightly controlled as in Ontario for example...

Yep

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

if the rider was really a hazard on the road
why not pull him over after the first wheelie?

isn't following him and taping him for 16 minutes
endangering other motorists?

but the guy clearly is an idiot

Last edited:

Not really....but they are good at setting harsh precedents such that others think twice before doing dumb crap. They also take highway safety a little more seriously than here.

if the rider was really a hazard on the road
why not pull him over after the first wheelie?

isn't following him and taping him for 16 minutes
endangering other motorists?

but the guy clearly is an idiot

Do you remember the guy a few years ago that they followed with a plane from Hamilton to Barrie before they pulled him over? They gave him tickets for each jurisdiction that he passed through (IIRC, speeding and maybe dangerous driving x4).

I'm with you though, if it really is that dangerous, shut it down as soon as it can be safely done. Allowing it to continue just shows how dumb the system is.

I feel like they didn't attempt to stop him because they 'knew' that he would run and would have endangered more lives that way.

The ones where you can drink in public, buy booze from corner stores and have a picnic with a bottle of wine no problem you mean?

Alcohol is about the only thing where they're more liberal.
I grew up there and lived there until age 28.

i.e. in Germany any change you make to your vehicle (or motorcycle) has to be approved by the TÜV and documented in your ownership papers.

i.e. in Germany any change you make to your vehicle (or motorcycle) has to be approved by the TÜV and documented in your ownership papers.

That's bureaucracy...not nannying. I worked in France when carte de sejours were required. I had to visit the same police station 3 times as I was "missing papers".

Last edited:

For some things, that isn't the worst idea. For instance, manufacturers work very hard to make front ends that crumple and save pedestrians lives and then people bolt a huge brushbar on their SUV that never leaves pavement.

Instead of more bureaucracy though, I'd rather have insurance take care of it. If they have to pay out a claim and you have modified your vehicle in a way that could have affected the incident (eg. you hit and injured a pedestrian with the aforementioned brush bar) you are responsible for paying a percentage of the settlement (or proving why you shouldn't have to pay eg. you installed chromed foam brush bars).

I have no problem with people modifying vehicles, but when it serves no useful purpose and just hurts those around (like the stanced car wipeout vid posted a year ago), you should have to live with the consequences of your choices.

Back
Top Bottom