Biker who pulled wheelies on the M6 is jailed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker who pulled wheelies on the M6 is jailed

No actually....you are not expressly prevented from modifying your car...you have to list it. Being prevented = nannying. Having to list it = bureaucracy.

Any change has not only be listed in your ownership, but also be approved. So in essence the state is telling you what you can and cannot change on your car or motorbike.

So those with straight pipes should get a HUGE discount on their insurance after all we all know loud pipes save lives...lmao

Those bush bars are to protect the precious snowflakes riding in the back seat.. for goodness sake will no one think of the children??? LOL

For some things, that isn't the worst idea. For instance, manufacturers work very hard to make front ends that crumple and save pedestrians lives and then people bolt a huge brushbar on their SUV that never leaves pavement.

Instead of more bureaucracy though, I'd rather have insurance take care of it. If they have to pay out a claim and you have modified your vehicle in a way that could have affected the incident (eg. you hit and injured a pedestrian with the aforementioned brush bar) you are responsible for paying a percentage of the settlement (or proving why you shouldn't have to pay eg. you installed chromed foam brush bars).

I have no problem with people modifying vehicles, but when it serves no useful purpose and just hurts those around (like the stanced car wipeout vid posted a year ago), you should have to live with the consequences of your choices.

For some things, that isn't the worst idea. For instance, manufacturers work very hard to make front ends that crumple and save pedestrians lives and then people bolt a huge brushbar on their SUV that never leaves pavement.

Instead of more bureaucracy though, I'd rather have insurance take care of it. If they have to pay out a claim and you have modified your vehicle in a way that could have affected the incident (eg. you hit and injured a pedestrian with the aforementioned brush bar) you are responsible for paying a percentage of the settlement (or proving why you shouldn't have to pay eg. you installed chromed foam brush bars).

I have no problem with people modifying vehicles, but when it serves no useful purpose and just hurts those around (like the stanced car wipeout vid posted a year ago), you should have to live with the consequences of your choices.

I like the way you think.

Back
Top Bottom