New policy or add to mine?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New policy or add to mine?!

itsme

My wife just got her M1 exist course test passed. I am looking to get a light bike for her.

Which one works better? Buy the new bike under my name and add it to my policy (I have M2 and a bike insured) or get a new insurance for her?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Doesn't matter, they will base the rate on the primary driver either way. Just added my wife's bike to my td policy, all cars, my bike and house are in my name, her bike is in her name. Same policy, same price if it was in her name or mine.
What was more important was that when I added her bike everything else went down in price.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

As Iceman says re insurance.

Bike recommendation: If she's 5'6" or under - I'd suggest: Suzuki S40.

As Iceman says re insurance.

Bike recommendation: If she's 5'6" or under - I'd suggest: Suzuki S40.

Good choice for the smaller rider. There are a couple of other 250/300cc bikes as well.

As for insurance my ins company asks if there are any other licensed riders in the house. Primary or secondary riders within the same house, I'm unsure they differentiate.

If there are multiple licensed riders in the household, they will rate all bikes for the highest premium unless they are specifically excluded from the higher to insure bike. At least that was the way it was last time I have various bikes and multiple riders.

We are both allowed to ride either bike, covered either way. My rate went down when I added her bike.
Also, she is 5'3" or so and the Suzuki Gladius we picked up fits her well. She wouldn't consider a cruiser at all. Her last bike was a bandit 600 and with the reach to the bars and the extra width of the in line 4 she was never really comfortable with it. The gladius is very compact.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom