Golden Helmet Crash with Goose Follow Up Vid | GTAMotorcycle.com

Golden Helmet Crash with Goose Follow Up Vid

Good vid.

He was really lucky - somebody had a tourniquet, it happened right across from the local hospital and got immediately airlifted to Sunnybrook. Could have been much worse.

Also wear a full face helmet?

That story scared the crap out of me when it happened.
I had a goose fly at my head once, I ducked ('ducked'...get it?) and heard its claws scrape across the top of my helmet.

Last edited:
I once had a close call with a large wild turkey that had popped out of a small stand of trees and went by near head-level. Probably missed him by a couple of feet. Didn't know they could fly, TBH. Subsequent research suggests they can, for short distances at least and that he may have been fleeing a predator.

Would definitely not enjoy something of that size colliding with me, let alone my head...

I WISH the goose that hit me only weighed 10 lbs..lol Even the firefighter said the "smallest" one of the gaggle appeared to be about 35 lbs, I believe the one that hit me was closer to 45.

Good vid posted by OPP on motorcycle crashes.

https://www.facebook.com/SgtKerrySchmidt/videos/502869883406840/

@hedo2002, you're not the only one to be taken out by a goose. I've hit little birds before but thankfully I've never had to deal with a 10 lb bird hitting me at speed.

good to hear the cop survived

private citizen prolly dies under the same circumstances

Back
Top Bottom