Best motorcycle Amazon/eBay deals... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best motorcycle Amazon/eBay deals...

Rotten_Ronnie

Site Supporter
Advrider.com has a cool thread for sharing deals:

Best Amazon / Ebay finds/purchases...

And I thought what a super idea for the budget riders like me on the lookout for inexpensive mods and camping gear.

288f7f1ee9c15c6d2c42c76382aaba68.jpg

I've seen bikerbits.com.au review and use this set time after time, and I'm tired of my nalgene sized set. I want to be able to do a fry up!

30daf2cb288e217020b7b10096598eab.jpg

Love this chair after a long days ride! No more sitting in wet grass while I cook my meals.

3c6065050e3d6486c808dc1e004af856.jpg

$12 dollar kickstand plate that works so well I might leave the kickstand puck at home. I've used the puck exactly once this season as I was camped on a bog in the infield of Schubenacadie.

Now your turn, ready, set, go!

Last edited:
I bought the highback camping chair from that thread on ADV rider. It's been awesome and I saved a packet over the Helinox version.

Great idea for a thread!

I have the same chair but with a cupholder that I bought from Sail.

Great idea for a thread!

I have the same chair but with a cupholder that I bought from Sail.

I had a look at Sail, and is your chair the plastic free type?

It looks pretty robust, but I don't think I followed the exact link as I couldn't see the cup holder.

I agree a chair is key when rough camping but I'm very leery of that chair or at least that style of chair. Last year doing the Taiga a buddy's broke. This year going north we laughed at a second buddy when he opened up his and it promptly broke.

Those of us with the standard bulky folding camp chair had zero issues. My CTC special with no arm rests is going on 15 years or there abouts.

Which part failed?

I had good experience with the CTC but not when hauling weight around the mountains or across loose gravel.

My Trangia clone arrived in the mail today.

For just over $10 CDN it's a neat little setup.

ee843b62e51d48b5984c4274dd2bc633.jpg

13d661656bddd56c0aeab8b24a359adf.jpg

It works well, although I really didn't need it, but there you go.

Sorry for the double post...I forgot we had a thread for this...

Dry bags are pretty useful for quite a few things and I find the ones in camping stores too expensive for what they are. Just bought this off Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LSC284U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decent quality and a decent price. Im going to order some bigger ones. I want to get one to put a tent in for a bit more protection. I use a small one for shower gear/toiletries or for packing spillable stuff. Lots of different colours if you want to colour code stuff (if you're that way inclined).

Dry bags are pretty useful for quite a few things and I find the ones in camping stores too expensive for what they are. Just bought this off Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LSC284U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decent quality and a decent price. Im going to order some bigger ones. I want to get one to put a tent in for a bit more protection. I use a small one for shower gear/toiletries or for packing spillable stuff. Lots of different colours if you want to colour code stuff (if you're that way inclined).

The price is right, although a bit on the small side. Reviews well.

I've a 35l for my tent which packs on the large side at around ten pounds with the extra tent pegs, Multi-tool, foot print and repair kit. I could probably go to a 25l but it would be a snug fit, and I'd probably lose the length I need for storage.

I've posted details in the other camping thread, but I use two 30L dry bags for almost all of my camping stuff. The only bit of camp stuff is my stove and fuel bottle that live somewhere else.

I beat the crap out of mine, and despite a lot of visual wear, they haven't leaked a drop of water throughout this very wet summer.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/ascend-heavy-duty-round-bottom-dry-bag-172932-1

I've posted details in the other camping thread, but I use two 30L dry bags for almost all of my camping stuff. The only bit of camp stuff is my stove and fuel bottle that live somewhere else.

I beat the crap out of mine, and despite a lot of visual wear, they haven't leaked a drop of water throughout this very wet summer.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/ascend-heavy-duty-round-bottom-dry-bag-172932-1

thats a good price, does it have a valve to purge air? Hard to see in the pic.

thats a good price, does it have a valve to purge air? Hard to see in the pic.

No, didn't even know that was a thing until your question.

Not sure you would ever need something like that, I just fill them and strap them to the panniers.

PS, not that it changes anything but mine or yellow instead of the green, not sure if there are other colours.

No, didn't even know that was a thing until your question.

Not sure you would ever need something like that, I just fill them and strap them to the panniers.

PS, not that it changes anything but mine or yellow instead of the green, not sure if there are other colours.

With the bigger dry bags it's hard to get rid of trapped air I've found. A purge valve would help.

Back
Top Bottom