Stator Cover Replacement - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stator Cover Replacement

Re: Stator Cover Replacement

Ok $30? 4L of T6 comes to $27 at Canadian Tire right now and Google tells me it's occasionally priced lower.

The Fuchs Titan full syth I use in my car is only $30 for 5L.

Honestly I haven't had to buy motor oil for my bike in awhile (2 stroke) so I guess I was a bit off.

It's not like it's BMW transfer case fluid which is $60/L.
    Last edited by unL33T; 10-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    2009 Aprilia RS125 (14k, just rebuilt for the 3rd time) | 1987 Porsche 944 N/A 5 spd (300k, Miller MAF) | 2007 BMW X3 6 spd (176k)
    PM to buy some ACF-50 rust protection spray.

Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    Ok $30? 4L of T6 comes to $27 at Canadian Tire right now and Google tells me it's occasionally priced lower.

The Fuchs Titan full syth I use in my car is only $30 for 5L.

Honestly I haven't had to buy motor oil for my bike in awhile (2 stroke) so I guess I was a bit off.

It's not like it's BMW transfer case fluid which is $60/L.
    I get it cheaper then this locally but its not under $60 unless its on a seal of a sale
    4L is $98.99
    https://fortnine.ca/en/motul-300v-4t...-synthetic-oil

People will argue you don't need this or that oil, "I buy my oil from Canadian Tire for $20", etc etc ......That is just my preference in oils, to each their own but its not $20 per oil change for me

Draining $20 oil wouldn't hurt as much but why waste good oil if you don't have too at any cost
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 10-12-2017 at 05:51 PM.

would guess at least 50% of Japanese street bikes in Canada are running around with T6 in the crankcase
    and while it's just a personal preference thing, if I opened an engine, oil is gonna get dumped

but to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    would guess at least 50% of Japanese street bikes in Canada are running around with T6 in the crankcase
    and while it's just a personal preference thing, if I opened an engine, oil is gonna get dumped

but to each his own
    Like I said to each their own on the oil brand, cost, where you buy it, but the question he had was

"Need to replace the stator cover but not sure how much of oil the 08 CBR holds."

"Do i have to drain the oil prior to taking the cover off? Or can i lean the bike to the right side and not have to drain it?"

Answer is YES you can......However being GTA motorcycle anything posted that has to do with oil, ends up in a T6 is the best oil debate...LOL

the original question....how is that relevant to anything?

cheers bro.....forum needs a thanks button

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Answer is YES you can......However being GTA motorcycle anything posted that has to do with oil, ends up in a T6 is the best oil debate...LOL
    Wasn't trying to start a debate that it's the best. Just used it for comparison as I've seen cheaper oil and more expensive oil. $98 for 4L is nuts to me. BMW doesn't even charge that for their overpriced engine oil.
    2009 Aprilia RS125 (14k, just rebuilt for the 3rd time) | 1987 Porsche 944 N/A 5 spd (300k, Miller MAF) | 2007 BMW X3 6 spd (176k)
    PM to buy some ACF-50 rust protection spray.

There should be a flashing alarm on the Gtam home page every time Rotella T6 goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    There should be a flashing alarm on the Gtam home page every time Rotella T6 goes on sale.
    It was on sale up until yesterday.
    Pro #56 - 2014 ZX-10R.
    - Inglis Cycle - Hellfury Motorsports - STB - POR-15 - Vortex - Bickle Racing - Bluestreak Racing - Dunlop & Pro 6 Cycle - Hindle Exhaust - VnM Sport Gear -

I forgot to update this thread. How did everyone know i use T6? LOL

So yeah, i put the bike up on the rear and front stands and removed the cover. A few drops came out, nothing more.

Thanks for all the feedback.