Stator Cover Replacement | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stator Cover Replacement

Ok $30? 4L of T6 comes to $27 at Canadian Tire right now and Google tells me it's occasionally priced lower.

The Fuchs Titan full syth I use in my car is only $30 for 5L.

Honestly I haven't had to buy motor oil for my bike in awhile (2 stroke) so I guess I was a bit off.

It's not like it's BMW transfer case fluid which is $60/L.

Last edited:
Ok $30? 4L of T6 comes to $27 at Canadian Tire right now and Google tells me it's occasionally priced lower.

The Fuchs Titan full syth I use in my car is only $30 for 5L.

Honestly I haven't had to buy motor oil for my bike in awhile (2 stroke) so I guess I was a bit off.

It's not like it's BMW transfer case fluid which is $60/L.

I get it cheaper then this locally but its not under $60 unless its on a seal of a sale
4L is $98.99
https://fortnine.ca/en/motul-300v-4t-factory-line-synthetic-oil

People will argue you don't need this or that oil, "I buy my oil from Canadian Tire for $20", etc etc ......That is just my preference in oils, to each their own but its not $20 per oil change for me

Draining $20 oil wouldn't hurt as much but why waste good oil if you don't have too at any cost

Last edited:
would guess at least 50% of Japanese street bikes in Canada are running around with T6 in the crankcase
and while it's just a personal preference thing, if I opened an engine, oil is gonna get dumped

but to each his own

would guess at least 50% of Japanese street bikes in Canada are running around with T6 in the crankcase
and while it's just a personal preference thing, if I opened an engine, oil is gonna get dumped

but to each his own

Like I said to each their own on the oil brand, cost, where you buy it, but the question he had was

"Need to replace the stator cover but not sure how much of oil the 08 CBR holds."

"Do i have to drain the oil prior to taking the cover off? Or can i lean the bike to the right side and not have to drain it?"

Answer is YES you can......However being GTA motorcycle anything posted that has to do with oil, ends up in a T6 is the best oil debate...LOL

the original question....how is that relevant to anything?

cheers bro.....forum needs a thanks button

Answer is YES you can......However being GTA motorcycle anything posted that has to do with oil, ends up in a T6 is the best oil debate...LOL
Wasn't trying to start a debate that it's the best. Just used it for comparison as I've seen cheaper oil and more expensive oil. $98 for 4L is nuts to me. BMW doesn't even charge that for their overpriced engine oil.

There should be a flashing alarm on the Gtam home page every time Rotella T6 goes on sale.

I forgot to update this thread. How did everyone know i use T6? LOL

So yeah, i put the bike up on the rear and front stands and removed the cover. A few drops came out, nothing more.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I forgot to update this thread. How did everyone know i use T6? LOL

So yeah, i put the bike up on the rear and front stands and removed the cover. A few drops came out, nothing more.

Thanks for all the feedback.
I just replaced my stator. I had also read that only a few drops come out if the bike is on a centrestand. About 300ml came out instead.

And it was fresh T6 too.

I just replaced my stator. I had also read that only a few drops come out if the bike is on a centrestand. About 300ml came out instead.

And it was fresh T6 too.

Do you need a new seal too? Was that oil in the stator compartment or another cavity?

Yes I put in a new seal. I think the oil was in that cavity, but when it happened I wasn't expecting it, so I quickly left to get rags and a container and by then it was all out and on the floor. Now I keep containers nearby and a bag of rags:)

And it was fresh T6 too.

Some bikes differ, my FZ09 a fair amount of oil dropped out, after having to emery cloth the old gasket off i decided just to do a complete oil change.

Some bikes differ, my FZ09 a fair amount of oil dropped out, after having to emery cloth the old gasket off i decided just to do a complete oil change.
That gasket was stuck on pretty good, so I carefully used an exacto knife on it. I didn't know about emery cloth - thanks!

Interesting, I used a combo of plastic knife/putty spatula and brass brush....but i'm going to try acetone.

My stator just bit the dust like burnt toast, was missing 1 phase shorted to ground.

If a stator failed due to a short and it overheated the winding your oil is contaminated with burnt epoxy from the winding insulation which is abrasive so the engine oil MUST be changed. If it's just a cracked cover then the oil can remain.

Back
Top Bottom