How long does it take to study for M1 license? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How long does it take to study for M1 license?

Pikes

I'm going to buy the motorcycle handbook on Monday, hoping to be ready for the M1 test soon. How difficult is it to study for the M1 test? Do I need to memorize the entire handbook? On average, how many hours per day should I be studying for the test? Is it something that I'll need to have long study sessions for? Also, are there any G1 refreshers included in the handbook or do I need to google the G1 questions separately?

The reason I'm asking all of this is because I want to do the MSF course as soon as possible, as the course will not be offered from November until spring next year (I live in Mississauga, Ontario). So I want to get the M1 out of the way so I have enough time to book a training course before winter comes.

Thanks in advance!

I just got my M1 last weekend and am doing my training course this weekend. I definitely recommend MTOHP for your exit course. I just finished day 1 of 2 at the Sheridan college parking lot and it was so much fun and gave me so much more confidence on a bike already.

As for the M1 test... You should definitely study G1 questions.
As for the handbook itself, I read it through once and that was more than enough. It's a lot of the same stuff for the M1 as the G1, you just need to remember the distance between yourself and other vehicles, staggered formation is the best formation, and lane positioning (left or right wheel base in the road).

There's 4 different sections of writing the M1 (done on a touch screen computer), two sections is general road rules/laws, one is for street signs mostly, and the other one is for motorcycles.

You're allowed 3-4 wrong answers for each section.

Couple other things I noticed...

I had one question on my test and it was "Why shouldn't you consume alcohol and drive", one answer was "It slows your reaction time down", another answer was "It impairs your judgment and skill", you can only select one. So hopefully you don't get that question.

They also asked about street cars in a couple questions, so make sure you read up on the following distance/stopping behind them.

I'm going to buy the motorcycle handbook on Monday,

Go to the library and borrow it instead, save your money for the test. If your local library doesn't have the motorcycle handbook, the main library at city hall should have a few copies.
sidenote. if you fail the written test, i am pretty sure you take the test again right after. good luck

Everyone is different. I didn't study the book at all. Much of it is logical. I did some practice tests online, passing them all easily, then went for the real deal and aced it no problem.

I also went to Mtohp in oakville. Had a blast, learned alot, and froze my n-n-nuts off on a cold and rainy April weekend lol.

Last edited:
I thought that the book was online now.

Everyone is different. I didn't study the book at all. Much of it is logical. I did some practice tests online, passing them all easily, then went for the real deal and aced it no problem.

I also went to Mtohp in oakville. Had a blast, learned alot, and froze my n-n-nuts off on a cold and rainy April weekend lol.
My learning curves course was the same, 4*C and snow on the second day. I'm a firm believer in learning in the worst possible conditions will make you a better vehicle operator.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you know an experienced rider, walk through the book with him/her. They will be able to explain and expand on the 'motorcycle' things (blocking, track and lane choices, emergency stops) that tend to be the trickiest parts of the test. The study work is no more difficult than a G1 for cars -- only a few things motorcycle specific.

Back
Top Bottom