Anyone rent track gear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone rent track gear?

limitsreached

So I did my first track school with FAST a couple weeks back and had an absolute blast on my newly acquired track bike. Because of my late acquisition of the track bike, I didn't buy a one-piece suit or boots and decided to just rent gear from the FAST school instead. My plan is to purchase a good quality suit over the off-season to take advantage of obviously better pricing, or a deal that gets me in a better suit for the same money I plan to spend. The problem is, I enjoyed myself so much I now really would like to do one more track day before the end of the season(SMP on Sept 30th). Obviously I can't do this without proper gear so it got me thinking about renting again.. but does anyone even do that?

Note: Just need boots and one-piece suit

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FAST school.jpg
    FAST school.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 49
What size are you? Maybe one of the track guys has an old suit they want to get rid of (or they can lend it to you, but lending things intended to be crashed isn't always the best plan).

Moto Nation rents gear, but only to the trackdays they attend. They have a schedule on their website as well.

http://www.moto-nation.com/

My buddy has rented from them twice and it's been good. Other riders that I've met @ the trackday also have good things to say about them.

GreyGhost; I am size 46 I believe, and I say that because that was the size of suit I used at the school and it fit good other than a little tight in the crotch. Joe Rocket btw.. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to lend out a suit due to the obvious risk but am open to any option really! :)

Slow; I have made sure to save their site for consideration next year(not gear rental as I will have mine by then) as their season wraps up in Quebec next weekend. Thanks for suggestion though! :)

I'll check my Joe rocket suit when I get home and see what size it is. You're welcome to borrow it. If it gets damaged I'll take it to BICKLE for repairs and you pay. It's not pretty so unless you destroy it I'm not concerned about it.

I have a Dainese Laguna Seca that was just repaired/cleaned by John Bickle. $350 and you can have it. It's a 56 EU. PM me if interested. Thanks!

I got an old 46 you can borrow.
I also have a pair of boots you can borrow, probably size 10 or something like that.

I'll check my Joe rocket suit when I get home and see what size it is. You're welcome to borrow it. If it gets damaged I'll take it to BICKLE for repairs and you pay. It's not pretty so unless you destroy it I'm not concerned about it.

Thanks. Interested!

And there ya go! Track people are awesome and will give you their last tire if it means you can get out there.

If you're near Hamilton and are my size-ish (5,10' and 165ish) it's yours to use for a day or two. Also a bit battered but has been repaired by Bickle.

That's a very old teknic. Mina on this board is selling a size 46 Laguna Seca for a very good price

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Is there not atleast a slight eww factor entering peoples minds when they contemplate buying, renting or borrowing leather suits worn primarily in the summer? I mean I'd probably rather get used underwear from value village, atleast they can wash the ball sweat out of those.

EWWWWwwww
giphy.webp

Last edited:
Most people wear a base layer between their skin and the suit. So it's not overly gross. Plus you can get them cleaned from Track Side Cuts
Is there not atleast a slight eww factor entering peoples minds when they contemplate buying, renting or borrowing leather suits worn primarily in the summer? I mean I'd probably rather get used underwear from value village, atleast they can wash the ball sweat out of those.

EWWWWwwww
giphy.webp

So, I decided to buy Mina's old suit but will still need boots so not completely out of the woods yet. Might have to pony up now! Thanks to everyone who offered, it was very cool to see people in the community reaching out to help.

Looking forward to next week!

Edit: Is anyone here going to be at Shannonville next Saturday(30th)?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom