I reconstructed a bike theft from video cameras, if you want to see thieves in action | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I reconstructed a bike theft from video cameras, if you want to see thieves in action

From now on, whoever goes to live in a condo, make sure the cameras can read your plates at night before you sign the lease

atleast that way the cops have something to go on, and if they can see the plates at night, they can probably also see the guys face

His name is "Blurry Face" and he does not care what you think. Hate how bad these cameras are

I laugh my *** off when they show footage of a bank robbery through potato vision. At least throw a couple 1080P or 4K cameras at strategic points to capture good images of faces. It's fine if the majority of cameras to capture peoples flow are the current crappy ones.

From now on, whoever goes to live in a condo, make sure the cameras can read your plates at night before you sign the lease

atleast that way the cops have something to go on, and if they can see the plates at night, they can probably also see the guys face

Good luck.
a) you don't normally get to see the footage
b) they probably all suck so you won't be able to find a building that meets your criteria

I would say a 2 stage door system would work best. One lets you into staging area where you need to fab into main. Stop tailgaters. Creepy dude was there looking at the storage units I bet. May be more thefts to come

I would say a 2 stage door system would work best. One lets you into staging area where you need to fab into main. Stop tailgaters. Creepy dude was there looking at the storage units I bet. May be more thefts to come

I have actually seen those in europe, and they seem to work!

unbelievable to have such crappy cameras in this day and age.. could have got a decent face shot in the lobby.

Good luck.
a) you don't normally get to see the footage
b) they probably all suck so you won't be able to find a building that meets your criteria

c) plates are fake or stolen anyway

yeah sad that these cameras are crap, my xiaomi yi can do 1220p, cost me $100, so to get the industrial/security equivalent shouldn't be that much more ....

Last edited:
Yeah, the building management company gave me a hard time, but then one of the board members more into helping me. If anyone else has any issues with a condo, go speak to the president of the board, or a board member, usually those people tend to care more. The management company was not at all helpful.

And the blender video - that really speaks volumes in a short amount of time :) Don't brag about how well it crushes ice when it can't crush soggy bread, lol.

Good vid. Thanks for putting it together. It was nice of building security to give you the footage. Most seem more concerned
with making it disappear and pretending things like this don't happen in their building.

EDIT:
Your blender review is also well done. You should post more videos.

Yeah, the inconvenience would make it so bad that you wouldn't really use the bike, unless it was just for the odd weekend. It was a dual-sport bike, so i rode it on the trails around Barrie and also downtown Toronto. Great bike for both uses actually. It was easy to just hop on and ride it downtown, but if it was in storage, I'd probably take it out 3-4 times a year. I had the bike for nearly 2 years, and I've had other bikes parked there for maybe 3 years before that, and never an issue. In the future I will definitely buy a very thick chain and attach it to a post. That would make the theft much more difficult.

Honestly sometimes i think you condo dwellers would just be better off using reputable storage units to store your bikes....

Makes it inconvenient but its probably safer there, i've never heard of bike thieves stealing from there

Yeah, the inconvenience would make it so bad that you wouldn't really use the bike, unless it was just for the odd weekend.

Yep, plus depending on where you live, it might cost anywhere from $200-$600/month for a locker large enough for a motorcycle, paying for amenities like location, heated vs non, security, 24 hours vs restricted access...

@ OP, I am very sorry for your loss

@ Thieves
I live in North York. I actually want a new motorcycle. Come steal mine.

Just note that recently I walked into a chair and bruised my knee. My first thought was "who do I punch?", followed by an intense urge to throw the chair out the window, followed by yelling **** at the top of my lungs while my fiance is laughing her *** off.

If I catch you anywhere near my motorcycle, I look forward to having an outlet to years of pent up rage.

Yep, plus depending on where you live, it might cost anywhere from $200-$600/month for a locker large enough for a motorcycle, paying for amenities like location, heated vs non, security, 24 hours vs restricted access...

most will stipulate that storing of gasoline or motor vehicles is forbidden.

油井緋色;2524295 said:
@ OP, I am very sorry for your loss

@ Thieves
I live in North York. I actually want a new motorcycle. Come steal mine.

Just note that recently I walked into a chair and bruised my knee. My first thought was "who do I punch?", followed by an intense urge to throw the chair out the window, followed by yelling **** at the top of my lungs while my fiance is laughing her *** off.

If I catch you anywhere near my motorcycle, I look forward to having an outlet to years of pent up rage.

normally I'd say "watch what you say in public forum.. but then looks what going on in St Louis today!!

normally I'd say "watch what you say in public forum.. but then looks what going on in St Louis today!!

I learned something new today after Googling that lol

That is really ****ed up though =/

pgagy, anything identifiable about the CRF250L? How new was it/clean was it? What kind of tires? I saw one in my area recently that I've never seen before, stood out enough that I took a few extra looks at it but didn't take a look for a plate.

Or pay for insurance.. and don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom