My first ride ever | GTAMotorcycle.com

My first ride ever

Alderson

I just got my bike today after work and couldn't wait to take it out.
I've never ridden a bike before so it was pretty intimidating.

I stalled it once but got it going the second try.
My first corner was definitely a little too wide, I need to learn how to turn sharper at low speeds.

I stalled it a couple more times at stop signs but it wasn't too hard to get it going again.

The only problem I had was coming from a stop at a stop sign, I think I was in second or something.. The bike kept cutting out, like stalling but then started going, it did that like 5 times as I was going around the corner which was a bit scary but I just held in the clutch and stopped to figure out the issue.

I could only take it around the block a couple times though cause I havent done my training course (this weekend), so no insurance

I just got my bike today after work and couldn't wait to take it out.
I've never ridden a bike before so it was pretty intimidating.

I stalled it once but got it going the second try.
My first corner was definitely a little too wide, I need to learn how to turn sharper at low speeds.

I stalled it a couple more times at stop signs but it wasn't too hard to get it going again.

The only problem I had was coming from a stop at a stop sign, I think I was in second or something.. The bike kept cutting out, like stalling but then started going, it did that like 5 times as I was going around the corner which was a bit scary but I just held in the clutch and stopped to figure out the issue.

I could only take it around the block a couple times though cause I havent done my training course (this weekend), so no insurance
Uhmm ya me too insurance who needs it I always carry a hundo in case..... release the krackens LOL

Congratulations on the bike and getting out on it. wish you many more rides in the future.. Stalling and running wide in corners at low speeds are 2 of the most common issues for new riders, both generally improve dramatically and quickly as you gain "muscle memory" and more importantly begin to loosen up and relax on the bike.

hard to tell from your description but it sounds like you may simply not be pulling the clutch in soon enough in 1st coming to a stop and being a bit tentative with the gas but no worries you will figure it out whatever it is.

on a side note be careful making decisions to ride until you pass the course and get ins., a cop in a bad mood can wreck your ins., driving record etc.

congrats ! sounds like you are doing ok.
to avoid stalling, try to be in first gear when going slow or stopping/starting. you can even downshift (tap it down) a couple extra times to be sure its in first gear-won't hurt anything and you will know you got it all the way down to first.
so cool to hear from a new rider starting out.

I really want to go out again, it's actually a lot funner than I was expecting... But yeah, I really shouldn't. I was only going around my house because there's never any traffic and never any cops.

I really want to go out again, it's actually a lot funner than I was expecting... But yeah, I really shouldn't. I was only going around my house because there's never any traffic and never any cops.

be smart, ride safe!

Don't let your next post be "my last ride ever".

Do yourself and your neighbours a favour and keep it parked until you learn how to ride and have valid insurance.

It's not worth it. You may catch the one day where there is a cop and you are wobbling all over the road and that will be the end of your riding career before you even get started. Take the course, get insurance, enjoy the ride.

I'm not going out again, I'll just stare at it and cry till monday when it's registered and my insurance is valid.

Welcome aboard.

Why did you wait till Mon? Could have set it to start for tomorrow.

Waiting for training course to be completed and technically M2 for insurance purposes I'm guessing.

And yeah, leave it parked until you're done the course. A no insurance ticket is $$$$$$, and dumping your brand new bike is :( :( :( :(

The minimum fine for no insurance is $5000 (HTA 2(3)).

I know you've said you won't go out again. I second that motion :)

Why did you wait till Mon? Could have set it to start for tomorrow.

I think some insurance companies are doing course discount again. If he started insurance now, he'd be at the higher rate. Also, given his description of learning to ride on the street, he is way way ahead learning in a parking lot on a beater bike.

Yeah, as what the others said. My course is this weekend, and my insurance policy is for having the course completed, that's why it starts monday.

Congratulations.

While parked, I suggest you read the owner's manual in its entirety. This way we can all be spared of incessant questions covering fundamental topics, such as chain lube, engine oil, and tire pressures.

via Tapatalk

Congratulations.

While parked, I suggest you read the owner's manual in its entirety. This way we can all be spared of incessant questions covering fundamental topics, such as chain lube, engine oil, and tire pressures.

via Tapatalk

As well as Winter air preferable over summer air after storage. Thanks. No No No No don`t answer that. I know the answer.

Congrats on the bike. Eventually you won't even think about the release point of clutch and how much gas to give, it will just come natural. The course will help you a TON with low speed cornering. I actually would love to do the course again for fun, it was a blast. Enjoy and ride safe! Watch out for wet leaves during fall riding too :p

Congrats on the bike buddy!

I second what everyone else said. plus i wouldnt post up things like 'im riding without insurance'.
Also in the future if you get a gopro and do anything "illegal", dont post a video on youtube with your contacts. I know its common sense but people have gotten in trouble for posting videos of them going crazy speeds and ...
Be safe and take it easy for the first little while until youre more comfortable on the bike. Dont rush it. It can be very costly.

Welcome to the better half of your life ;)

Back
Top Bottom