Ballistic BMS Charger | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ballistic BMS Charger

ABCarr

Site Supporter
My Ballistic EVO2 8-cell LiFePO4 battery is completely discharged. On the off chance that it can be resuscitated, I would like to try to recharge it on a Ballistic EVO Pro Battery Management System charger. This attempts to give a balanced charge to the cell packs by using the BMS port on the battery and is probably the best bet for potential recovery. If anyone has one, or knows of a service shop that has one, it would be appreciated.

I'm hungry, thinking maybe I'll order a pizza

anyone have the number for Pizza Pizza ?

I hear they have a fantastic hand tossed crust
all natural ingredients, no preservatives
sauce is made daily from scratch
baked in a stone pizza oven and delivered to your door piping hot in 40 minutes or it's free

just messin around
good luck in finding a shop with
Ballistic EVO Pro Battery Management System charger. This attempts to give a balanced charge to the cell packs by using the BMS port on the battery and is probably the best bet for potential recovery

Last edited:
If the battery is below a certain voltage chances are it's pooched.

The BMS won't even touch it if it is below the threshold, but you can turn the charger to lead-acid mode and charge it past the minimum V, then switch back to Li-Fe.

The BMS is a good charger, BUT it's actually an IMAX B6 under the ballistic sticker. You can get these much cheaper, BUT it might not come with the 4 cell balance cable, AND there are a lot of knock offs around.

Why are people being so snarky with ABCarr? The poor guy is just trying to fix his bike. Jeebus, you'd think it was winter already with all the internet anger.

How many volts are you getting on your pack OP? It's completely discharged it won't start the bike, or you are measuring 2 volts?

Imax B6? I have one.

via Tapatalk

Why are people being so snarky with ABCarr? The poor guy is just trying to fix his bike. Jeebus, you'd think it was winter already with all the internet anger.

How many volts are you getting on your pack OP? It's completely discharged it won't start the bike, or you are measuring 2 volts?

didn't realize this was the same guy that had an accident and is struggling a bit
you're right, he's been dumped on while asking reasonable questions

sorry OP, good luck

My Ballistic EVO2 8-cell LiFePO4 battery is completely discharged. On the off chance that it can be resuscitated, I would like to try to recharge it on a Ballistic EVO Pro Battery Management System charger. This attempts to give a balanced charge to the cell packs by using the BMS port on the battery and is probably the best bet for potential recovery. If anyone has one, or knows of a service shop that has one, it would be appreciated.
I have one, they are one of my sponsors. I'm in Woodstock

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

If the battery is below a certain voltage chances are it's pooched.

The BMS won't even touch it if it is below the threshold, but you can turn the charger to lead-acid mode and charge it past the minimum V, then switch back to Li-Fe.

The BMS is a good charger, BUT it's actually an IMAX B6 under the ballistic sticker. You can get these much cheaper, BUT it might not come with the 4 cell balance cable, AND there are a lot of knock offs around.

You're right....it's identical to the IMAX B6AC. Heck of a markup Ballistic charges for that sticker. I looked on the Ballistic site to see if they sell the balance cable, but I don't see it (none of the IMAX vendors seem to include it). I should probably get a cheap multimeter to check things out.

Unfortunately, it's pooched. Looks like Plan B is to try my OEM lead acid battery back in there.

I'm hungry, thinking maybe I'll order a pizza

anyone have the number for Pizza Pizza ?

I hear they have a fantastic hand tossed crust
all natural ingredients, no preservatives
sauce is made daily from scratch
baked in a stone pizza oven and delivered to your door piping hot in 40 minutes or it's free

just messin around
good luck in finding a shop with
Ballistic EVO Pro Battery Management System charger. This attempts to give a balanced charge to the cell packs by using the BMS port on the battery and is probably the best bet for potential recovery

d a n g im having pizza for lunch today! lmao im going all out with a boston pizza. they are the best by far ! think i will take a look at the stock market to see how my boston pizza stocks are doing..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom