Use your head! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Use your head!

Brian P

Site Supporter
This is why there are rules about how to exit and enter the track - and why you respect the blend line. Think about what's happening behind you.

[video]https://drivetribe.com/p/huge-mugello-track-day-crash-whos-bOQyHp3qTX-CuhNGm0TqvA?iid=ZFbIHBkLRzu5W0O8RGpFxw[/video]

Riders meetings at RACE and SOAR stress this ALL the time.

Don't cross the blend line (either exiting or entering the track).
Don't make a last-minute direction change at the end of the blend line (either exiting or entering the track).
Once you've made up your mind that you will or won't be exiting the track on a particular lap, don't change your mind.
If you will be exiting the track, signal your intentions (left hand in the air or foot out) a corner before and then go to whichever side the exit lane is on before you get to it.
If you haven't signalled that you will be exiting the track, DON'T. You have committed to doing another lap, by not signalling that you will be exiting. (I would say that a red-flag condition or a cool-down lap condition in which EVERYONE is exiting the track, would be the only viable exception, and even then it's not a bad idea, in case someone else has missed the memo.)

At Grand Bend, because of the configuration of the entrance/exit lane with most track configurations, it is very tempting for people to cut across the track - directly in front of someone else who might not be expecting it to happen.
At Shannonville, it's tempting to swing right onto the proper race line at the end of the blend line - which is in the middle of a very high-speed corner. I've seen that happen at Mosport, too.

Were the riders ok? Good advise up there, “stupid” stuff like that is avoidable without being experienced in leaning/braking/cornering etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom