Commuter for construction job with 10lbs of tools? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Commuter for construction job with 10lbs of tools?

find a used top case (or new they arent that pricey for cheaper ones) and get the quick release so it comes off in 3 seconds, the best thing ever. Mine will hold 20lbs of tools, work boots and a rain jacket and a 6 pack (of water) .
Happy mid week, no dorky look on the weekend.

Its five time handier than a backpack,

I bought this on eBay, ships from Scarborough so no duties/border fees etc.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281520735875

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Holy crap that thing is cheap. I would spend a little more so I wasn't replacing tools every time I hit a bump. That being said, can you even buy a GIVI mount for $55, yet alone a mount and top case? That's nuts.

Cycle World in Scarborough has some reasonably priced Givi and Shad top boxes. Most are on the small side, 23L, 26L, and 30L, with mounts, all under $100.

How about a tail bag from Cycle Guys? It replaces the pillion seat. Nifty idea. Check it here: http://www.thecycleguys.com/fastpack-tail-bag-size-7/ I think Markham Powersports carries models to fit 2013 - 2015 Honda 500s.

FastPack_Size_7_CB500R_c_May_2013__95297.1369849136.1280.1280.JPG

via Tapatalk

On my old nighthawk I added a passenger backrest as a convenient attachment point for a backpack. It worked really well, I even picked up a leather office chair from costco with that setup (it looked ridiculous and I was pushed forward a bit, but it worked quite well). When you don't have a car, you realize how useful a bike can be.
Oh PLEASE tell me there is a picture of this!!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

There is no better accessory for commuting than a topcase, likewise there is no uglier accessory

Use one for one day and you'll forget just how hideously ugly it is. The convenience is just that good.

I guess it's all what you are used to. In my eyes any form of adventure or touring bike seems unfinished when they don't have a topcase.

I completely agree about the practicality of having one.. they are just so incredibly handy and useful.

..Tom

Top cases are not as ugly in my books. It's the side cases that makes it uglier.

Fom behind the side cases make the bike ugly, but from the side the top case makes it ugly.

Tank bag looks fine either way IMO.

@GreyGhost I literally LOL'd!
Thank you!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I'd probably just use a backpack but that small amount of tools should fit in almost any kind of soft or hard motorcycle luggage or any other bag you can strap to the bike.

As for coffee you can get handebar mounted cup holders for bicycles that will work for motorcycles. I think I saw a thread on here about Dollar Stores selling them. RAM Mounts also have several good products but they cost way more.

Before we had a coffee maker at work I just made a bent aluminum bracket that bolted onto the passenger peg and then bolted a large hose clamp to that. Wanted it so if anything spilled it would just fall on the ground. Cost me nothing since I made it with scrap at work. After a couple of years the bolts started to rattle out, though. Never bothered replacing it after we got a coffee maker at work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom