60 in a built up area
50 in residential
40 in school zones

Burlington is not a bubble of different traffic laws and speeds

speed limit in Ontario is 80 unless signed otherwise
60 in a built up area
50 in residential
40 in school zones

In city limits it's 50 unless otherwise posted.

Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In city limits it's 50 unless otherwise posted.

in the city would be built up I'm thinking? :rolleyes:

and where did you see this? on a sign?

municipalities can do whatever they want for speed limits
but if they deviate from MTO guidelines, it must be signed

I heard if a cow is standing in the corner is a 20km/hr zone... but only on Mondays if there is a full moon

https://www.ontario.ca/document/official-mto-drivers-handbook/driving-along#section-3

[h=2]Obey speed limits[/h][FONT=&quot]Obey the maximum speed limit posted on signs along the road, but always drive at a speed that will let you stop safely. This means driving below the maximum speed in bad weather, in heavy traffic or in construction zones. School zones and construction zones often have lower speed limits to protect children and those who work on or near the road.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Where there are no posted speed limits, the maximum speed is 50 [/FONT]km[FONT=&quot]/[/FONT]h[FONT=&quot] in cities, towns and villages, and 80 [/FONT]km/h elsewhere.

I was told by an instructor that north<->south is 50 and west<->east is 60 if nothing posted.

lol.. these are the type of people teaching people to ride eh? :lmao:

some hints, the school zone has speed rader
Also the drive test location is in a mini plaza with few stops signs. make sure you signal, come to a full complete stop, put your foot (both feet?) down and look both ways. good luck!

lol.. these are the type of people teaching people to ride eh? :lmao:

This might be the reason why I'm getting stuck behind someone doing 20-25km/h in a residential area on a weekly basis.

When you enter the city, the sign that says welcome to Burlington, says 50 unless otherwise posted. Alot of Burlington is signed for 60, with a few 70's and 80's tossed in for fun. I must ask though... How TF did you manage to get this far in the process, without figuring out speed limits?

Oh btw for later reference, Halton Police has some tricky unmarked vehicles that they use for traffic enforcement. I've seen them use a Volvo S70(I think it was), a blue full size work van complete with ladders, and I'm sure they've got others. They probably change them up frequently enough to keep people on their toes.

Every city/town I've been to has a sign stating this but I think it was part of the license test decades ago.

When you enter the city, the sign that says welcome to Burlington, says 50 unless otherwise posted. Alot of Burlington is signed for 60, with a few 70's and 80's tossed in for fun. I must ask though... How TF did you manage to get this far in the process, without figuring out speed limits?

Oh btw for later reference, Halton Police has some tricky unmarked vehicles that they use for traffic enforcement. I've seen them use a Volvo S70(I think it was), a blue full size work van complete with ladders, and I'm sure they've got others. They probably change them up frequently enough to keep people on their toes.

I was reading somewhere that Burlington was going to decrease the residential speed limit from 50 to 40 a few years ago.

Just booked my M test in burlington.
- Just curious what the speed limits are for unposted signs?
I believe it if 40km/h now, am I correct?

Thanks

Book with Durham collage and drive with the flow of traffic. If you are going with the flow you are safer, dont put yourself at risk for a test. Go the flow

I was reading somewhere that Burlington was going to decrease the residential speed limit from 50 to 40 a few years ago.

Only in certain areas, with signage, sometimes only when lights are flashing.

If you are going with the flow you are safer, dont put yourself at risk for a test. Go the flow

That is true and logical. Sadly logic and MTO test procedures seem to be about as far apart as possible. Try an pass the test in a standard car and you will see how ridiculous the whole thing has become. They won't give you the rules in writing anywhere but shift in an intersection is a fail, put the car in neutral ever, that's a fail too, skip any gears on the way up or down (including avoiding dropping into 1st while still moving), fail again.

I like the college exit tests because they are administered by reasonable people. Actual MTO testing staff are mostly useless.

I like the college exit tests because they are administered by reasonable people. Actual MTO testing staff are mostly useless.

Yup, I did the MTO M2 Exit and was knocked a point or two for keeping in the left hand lane with in a busy area with strip malls all on both sides figuring it is safer for me to be in the left lane since I was going straight and not entering any of the parking lots. He said I was deducted because you should always keep right...which I generally agree with but why would I leave myself open to have someone cut me off pulling out or have to stop because someone is slowing to enter a lot. Common sense and reasoning doesn't apply to MTO tests.

Your test scores aren't shown on your licence.

Just focus on not doing something stupid enough to fail.

Don't ride above the posted limit. Not posted? Ride 50km/h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely they will take you through a residential area posted as 40, business/commercial as 60, and highway as 100. There may be some 30, 50, 70, 80 areas as well.
If you're really worried about it, calibrate your speedometer with a car. My bike speedometer reads low. 100 reading = 90 kph. 140 reading = 120 kph. But some speedometers are dead on.

Here's some tips from the M2X checklist thread, there are also a couple of copies of the M2X checklist (marking scheme): http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...)-checklist!&p=2521282&viewfull=1#post2521282

Back
Top Bottom