To Beartooth and back | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To Beartooth and back

Read it all! I'm so jealous of your trip and your bike. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

Great report...I read the whole thing.
I've done this trip a few times.
Really enjoyed it...to bad its so awkward to post pics now.
I am curious about one thing...air bnb
I mostly hotel / motel my trips.
Never done the air bnb
How did you like it?
I guess the biggest difference is you had to book everything ahead of time?

I really enjoyed the AirBnB's. I was able to stay in some nice places for dirt cheap, and some really amazing places for the cost of a hotel. The people that were "hosting" gave me as little or as much space as I needed. They were all very accommodating.

Obviously I read the reviews on the places before I booked them, and yeah I did have to book them before hand. I kinda of enjoyed having it mostly all planned out and knowing what my route and day was gonna be like. Mind you some places, if they were available, you could book the day of.

I was curious to see how the bike and the oil held up to almost 8,000kms of use so I sent a sample out to Blackstone after I changed my oil:

I'm really surprised there is no fuel in there. They way the bike was behaving at Altitude, back firing and idling low, I was thinking she was running rich. Hell she runs a tad rich here at home.

Good to know everything else in there looks good though. Goes to show though, people are changing their oil waaaaay too early.

Goes to show though, people are changing their oil waaaaay too early.

In your case, perhaps. Different bikes, riders, and conditions.

Thanks for sharing your ride.

via Tapatalk

Long highway trips keep the oil up to temperature, which will keep fuel vapors from condensing (and boil off anything that condenses during warm-up). Great trip report.

Long highway trips keep the oil up to temperature, which will keep fuel vapors from condensing (and boil off anything that condenses during warm-up). Great trip report.

Thanks for that. I figured as much, I've just never had the bike run like it was at those altitudes. I was worried it was running real rich the way the bike was idling and how the exhaust was making all that racket.

I know highway miles/kms are easy on a motor but I had many times during the trip where the bike was running quite hot and the opposite where it was running quite cold. That plus the high speeds on some of those freeways had me wondering if I was pushing things a bit by running the oil that long.

Good thing about these reports is that it takes all the wondering away and gives you solid answers.

Back
Top Bottom