SENA - My warranty claim experience

Thread: SENA - My warranty claim experience

SENA - My warranty claim experience

I had a Sena 10U for about a year and the charging port for the last 3 months was getting finicky where I had to position the cable a certain way for it to charge. One day, it finally stopped charging. Contacted Sena via their website. They asked me a few questions, had me try a fault reset on the unit and determined I needed a replacement.

All in all, it was a good experience. They responded within 24 hours every single time. I sent in the defective unit and a replacement unit was shipped out within a week. I was expecting them to be a bit resistant on replacing the unit but that wasn't the case. We exchanged about 5-6 emails before they authorized the replacement. Thumbs up for Sena!

Re: SENA - My warranty claim experience

Quote Originally Posted by i-WERKS View Post
    I had a Sena 10U for about a year and the charging port for the last 3 months was getting finicky where I had to position the cable a certain way for it to charge. One day, it finally stopped charging. Contacted Sena via their website. They asked me a few questions, had me try a fault reset on the unit and determined I needed a replacement.

All in all, it was a good experience. They responded within 24 hours every single time. I sent in the defective unit and a replacement unit was shipped out within a week. I was expecting them to be a bit resistant on replacing the unit but that wasn't the case. We exchanged about 5-6 emails before they authorized the replacement. Thumbs up for Sena!
    good to hear.
    Maybe things have improved. The www is littered with lots of reports a few years ago of their atrocious customer service.
    -blah blah blah

I had the exact opposite experience with Sena. I sent 20S for warranty replacement and got SMH10 back. Then, it took me 2 months and numerous phone calls to receive my 20S back.
    One of the the worst experience ever!

The 1st gen mount on my 20S broke (as they do), was pretty straightforward to do a warranty exchange. Best part was I sent them just the mount (no mic, no speakers), they sent me a complete mounting kit as a replacement.

No real complaints on my end.
    '06 V-Strom 650 - 80k km, puttputtputt
    '06 KTM 625 SMC - 30k km, braaaap
    '07 FZ1 - 70k km, in the shop...
    '06 FZ6 - 115k km, sold