Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear.. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

Hi Guys,

so It looks like dirt riding will be in my future :) I'm primarily interested in doing technical trails and woods riding.. Enduro pretty much rather than MX..
Had a few questions as a noob to all this . (Well , I've been to trail tours in Ganaraska Forest about 7 or 8 times now.. )

* What kind of protection do you guys use? traditional roost protection or an under jersey armoured shirt? Is this just a personal preference thing or is one more suited to one type of riding. Now I have had my fair share of spills, both big and small, and I am sure that will continue ;-)

* Pants/Jersey - I figure anything from the major brands would be fine.. AlpineStars, Fox, Fly, Shift, Thor? More airflow the better?

any comments, links to other sites with information etc all appreciated!

Cheers
The important question is.........

What bike are you buying?

Can you get offroad insurance only if the bike is blue plated?
No, you have to change it to green plate.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Which will make it green plate forever not worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Exactly. Buy a green plated bike, leave the blue plated bikes for those who need them.

Exactly. Buy a green plated bike, leave the blue plated bikes for those who need them.

Was taking with the sales person at GPbikes about a 2017 KTM 300XCW and he said when you buy it you can register it blue or green plated. You guys have a idea of what the insurance difference would be green vs blue plated?

Was taking with the sales person at GPbikes about a 2017 KTM 300XCW and he said when you buy it you can register it blue or green plated. You guys have a idea of what the insurance difference would be green vs blue plated?
I'm currently paying 280/year for offroad liability only on my kx250. That ktm would likely run me 4-600 blue plated with comp.
My ktm 200 exc was about 450/year blue plated with comp, dropped to $125 when I switched it to green plate.

Depends of course where? Out of GTA, it should definitely be less than 400$ ... if not, you are with the wrong insurance company or pile of tickets/infractions on your record.

I pay 240 for my blue plated dirt bike husaberg 250 2t and 100 for the green plated one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom