Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear.. - Page 4



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

  1. #61

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Hi Guys,

    so It looks like dirt riding will be in my future I'm primarily interested in doing technical trails and woods riding.. Enduro pretty much rather than MX..
    Had a few questions as a noob to all this . (Well , I've been to trail tours in Ganaraska Forest about 7 or 8 times now.. )

    * What kind of protection do you guys use? traditional roost protection or an under jersey armoured shirt? Is this just a personal preference thing or is one more suited to one type of riding. Now I have had my fair share of spills, both big and small, and I am sure that will continue

    * Pants/Jersey - I figure anything from the major brands would be fine.. AlpineStars, Fox, Fly, Shift, Thor? More airflow the better?

    any comments, links to other sites with information etc all appreciated!

    Cheers
    The important question is.........

    What bike are you buying?

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Rockwood
    Posts
    213

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
    The important question is.........

    What bike are you buying?
    Oh dear.....you opened a whole new, giant can of worms!!
    Hell Fury Motorsports
    2015 Ducati Monster 821
    2011 Suzuki RMX450Z

  3. #63
    kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Zealander living in Canada
    Posts
    3,764

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
    The important question is.........

    What bike are you buying?
    Quote Originally Posted by MNSTR View Post
    Oh dear.....you opened a whole new, giant can of worms!!

    Looking at a WR250F the CRF250x was second on the list
    -blah blah blah

  4. #64

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Looking at a WR250F the CRF250x was second on the list
    I know a guy selling a CRF250X blue plated dirt bike. PM me if interested.

  5. #65

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
    I know a guy selling a CRF250X blue plated dirt bike. PM me if interested.
    Can you get offroad insurance only if the bike is blue plated?

  6. #66
    Iceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barrie, On
    Posts
    3,587

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by lolroads View Post
    Can you get offroad insurance only if the bike is blue plated?
    No, you have to change it to green plate.

    Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?", too many people take it as a challenge!

  7. #67
    Scuba Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,495

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    No, you have to change it to green plate.

    Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    Which will make it green plate forever not worth it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Iceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barrie, On
    Posts
    3,587

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Which will make it green plate forever not worth it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Buy a green plated bike, leave the blue plated bikes for those who need them.

    Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?", too many people take it as a challenge!

  9. #69

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Exactly. Buy a green plated bike, leave the blue plated bikes for those who need them.

    Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    Was taking with the sales person at GPbikes about a 2017 KTM 300XCW and he said when you buy it you can register it blue or green plated. You guys have a idea of what the insurance difference would be green vs blue plated?

  10. #70
    Iceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barrie, On
    Posts
    3,587

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Quote Originally Posted by lolroads View Post
    Was taking with the sales person at GPbikes about a 2017 KTM 300XCW and he said when you buy it you can register it blue or green plated. You guys have a idea of what the insurance difference would be green vs blue plated?
    I'm currently paying 280/year for offroad liability only on my kx250. That ktm would likely run me 4-600 blue plated with comp.
    My ktm 200 exc was about 450/year blue plated with comp, dropped to $125 when I switched it to green plate.

    Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?", too many people take it as a challenge!

  11. #71

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    Depends of course where? Out of GTA, it should definitely be less than 400$ ... if not, you are with the wrong insurance company or pile of tickets/infractions on your record.

  12. #72
    Scuba Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,495

    Re: Some noob questions regarding Enduro Gear..

    I pay 240 for my blue plated dirt bike husaberg 250 2t and 100 for the green plated one.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •