Ran into a cage when another guy waved him out of a parking lot and right into my pat | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ran into a cage when another guy waved him out of a parking lot and right into my pat

Update bike has $3000 damage and is being written off. I find out Monday how much I am getting and if I can make a deal to repair it myself. The big kicker is $1400 for a new exhaust, I have a cobra exhaust for the bike and if they give me money to fix it Will be the best case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last edited:
That is NOT the intention of that Section of the HTA. It is intended for fools who double park etc. I don't know of ANY officer who would lay that charge against one who was stopped for traffic ahead and permitted a driver to exit a parking lot, etc. I certainly never would have tagged anyone for doing so. the ONLY appropriate charge was the one laid against the driver exiting the parking lot.

I don't believe any traffic ahead was mentioned. And yes, I have seen people just randomly stop to let someone out. This is more likely the intent of that law, since double parking is just a simple parking infraction dealt with under bylaws. Parking isn't handled under HTA.

On a side note, I almost bought it last week when someone waiting for a driver ahead to turn left, decided she didn't want to wait anymore. She also didn't want to signal or make sure the right lane was clear before deciding to join me in it. Funny thing is, if I died due to her stupidity, it would be an improper lane change ticket and done.

I don't believe any traffic ahead was mentioned. And yes, I have seen people just randomly stop to let someone out. This is more likely the intent of that law, since double parking is just a simple parking infraction dealt with under bylaws. Parking isn't handled under HTA.

On a side note, I almost bought it last week when someone waiting for a driver ahead to turn left, decided she didn't want to wait anymore. She also didn't want to signal or make sure the right lane was clear before deciding to join me in it. Funny thing is, if I died due to her stupidity, it would be an improper lane change ticket and done.

Yes traffic ahead was clear in
My lane but right turn lane was backed up past where the entrance way was. He should have waited until he could se for himself

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Got $1700 and got to keep my bike as unbranded. Got the cheque today, sweet! Gonna cost me around $350 to fix it myself, already have new helmet and the old one labeled and hanging on the wall. It deserves at least that much for saving my life. It is easier to sweat than bleed!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom