Breaking in period - at dealer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking in period - at dealer

bigpoppa

Is there a clause or something that you HAVE to get your break in service at the dealer you bought it from, or can you take it to your trusted local mechanic?

Does it void the warranty or something??

is not a requirement to use the dealer
but it is a good idea to keep the receipt for first service
BMW and some of the exotics may be different though

Is there a clause or something that you HAVE to get your break in service at the dealer you bought it from, or can you take it to your trusted local mechanic?

Does it void the warranty or something??

You can do it yourself, just keep receipts for oil, filter, lube, etc.

You can do it yourself, just keep receipts for oil, filter, lube, etc.

This is true in theory, but if you find you have some type of warranty issue that is borderline the dealer likely will not go to bat for you if you are not using their service center. Since MC warranty periods are so short you`re probably looking at just one service and what is the cost difference between your local guy vs. the dealer?

This is true in theory, but if you find you have some type of warranty issue that is borderline the dealer likely will not go to bat for you if you are not using their service center. Since MC warranty periods are so short you`re probably looking at just one service and what is the cost difference between your local guy vs. the dealer?

I'd say that's more fear then fact. If one can reasonably prove to the dealer they knew what they were doing (it's an oil change, fluids check, chain maintenance, tire pressure and checking off a bunch of allen bolts haven't gone missing- at least on my R3) then they can go fly a kite because i'm fairly certain my manual does not state im required to do 1st service at an approved shop. Other's bikes may differ.

Difference between private shop and dealer? Couldn't say. Difference between doing it myself vs dealer - about $90, except now i have products to continue the maintenance on my bike as needed.

Back
Top Bottom