Considering new bike, what category is XDiavel? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Considering new bike, what category is XDiavel?

gptt916

Site Supporter
Considering purchasing either a Diavel or an XDiavel in the next year or so, does anyone know what these bikes are categorized as? How are insurance on these bikes comparatively? Are there any differences between the X and non-x model?

I've seen the XDiavel be considered more akin to the typical cruiser class (posture/form) than the original Diavel which is more like a VMax. They both have a gross amount of power. Definitely sit on both before choosing. Ride em if you can.
But they won't be very cheap to insure I would assume; high end, imported euro, higher CC, and the XDiavel only came out a couple years ago I think?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Checked them out and got quotes anywhere from $1300 to $1800 per year.
The regular Diavel is on my short list for a new bike in a couple of years (Happy 50th to me!).
The X-Diavel is a cool bike, but the foot forward thing still doesn't appeal to me too much. They have kits to bring them back, but they're stupid expensive.

Checked them out and got quotes anywhere from $1300 to $1800 per year.
The regular Diavel is on my short list for a new bike in a couple of years (Happy 50th to me!).
The X-Diavel is a cool bike, but the foot forward thing still doesn't appeal to me too much. They have kits to bring them back, but they're stupid expensive.

There you have it,

if a 50 year old is getting those kinds of numbers, if you are young(20s) dont expect it to be cheap(to purchase or insure)

There you have it,

if a 50 year old is getting those kinds of numbers, if you are young(20s) dont expect it to be cheap(to purchase or insure)

That's with a clean record too... as for purchase, well, the xDiavel starts at around $20K. Regular Diavel a little less.
The bike has a ton of power, so that's probably why the insurance rates are higher... and well, Ducati... replacement parts are higher cost too.

Yikes, 1300-1800 for 50 year old clean record, does seem high. I am in my 20's, I will start considering secondary options until I get a quote next year.

Look at used Diavels on Kijiji.
They all have low mileage. What does that tell you?

That the eurosnobs bought the bike before they could afford them?

Look at used Diavels on Kijiji.
They all have low mileage. What does that tell you?
That could mean a lot actually. I've seen more Diavels on the road than 1199's or Multiatradas* but not combined.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

bike is popular with poseurs

Ha Ha. Sorry mate, most definitely not a poser. 2012 Diavel Carbon red with 77,000 kms. Too busy riding to pose. Insurance $1800 with a clean record.
Old enough to know better. Over 25, by loads and then some.

Ha Ha. Sorry mate, most definitely not a poser. 2012 Diavel Carbon red with 77,000 kms. Too busy riding to pose. Insurance $1800 with a clean record.
Old enough to know better. Over 25, by loads and then some.

cool....glad to see you have a sense of humour
and I bet that bike is a ton of fun, cheers

cool....glad to see you have a sense of humour
and I bet that bike is a ton of fun, cheers

Need a sense of humour. Very much a British sense of humour. Only wish I could spell.
Yes, the bike is tons of fun. so much power. I think what fools most people is that I have panniers and a big fat tyre(See, Eye can`t even spehl) when it`s time for take off, I`m gone. Cheers to them.
Cheers to you too, mate.

Back
Top Bottom