Hurricane Irma | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hurricane Irma

nobbie48

Site Supporter
We should know in a day or two what direction the costs of orange juice and gas are going. ^^^

That looks like one massive wall to wall carpet cleaner. I spoke to a cousin near Fort Myers Friday. She was going out to get basics and then prepare to hunker down. Fourth floor condo near the beach. More guts than me.

Property insurance down there must be huge or useless, maybe both.

Fort Meyers is on the other side. I have a friend living in a sailboat down in the islands. Haven't heard from him. We're all a little worried.

My mother lives in Palm Springs, she is the manager at a ranch owned by Margaret Campbell, of Campbell soups. The owner and all the horses are currently still in Germany for the Dressage training/competitions.
So my mom is hunkered down at the ranch in a very well built, well stocked storm shelter. Thanks for looking out for her, Margaret Campbell.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Have friends that were living on a boat in St Maartin, boat is gone they are looking for a way off the island. Its a wasteland.

With St maartin/St martin gone, BVI and US VI, north shore of Cuba, Tortuga Bahamas and next FLA the cost of winter vacations will go to the moon, and cruise ships rates. Lot less places to stop.

Most cruises and vacation packages (Cuba) were on sale @ 50% off for this month. Glad I didn't pull the trigger

Expect insurance rates for cars, bikes, houses etc to rise everywhere as insurance companies face billions of payouts for storms like Harvey and Irma etc and look to spread the pain...

My wife works for FedEx. There was a guy from Florida up here in Barrie for training. When he flew home to Florida he said he was the only person on the whole plane except for the crew.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Unless your a major resort or millionaire, insurance that covers hurricanes on property off the mainland is just not affordable. St martin, Antigua, Barbuda, almost none of those 'regular' folks are insured. There are many that will be penniless (more penniless) on those small islands.

Private boat insurance is impossible, there are two lines of latitude in the Caribbean that between August and November are the no go zones. runs from about Bahama to Barbados, you have no insurance during hurricane season. Thousands "risk it" and most yrs its ok, not this yr.

This will be like Christmas for boat builders for the charter boat fleet, all insured and most based in the BVI's / USVI.

Back
Top Bottom